My Basic Experience Of Living In The Phil's

dean01
Posted
Posted

Phil good to see you post here, yes you need to learn patients, you also need to buy up on things you need or like, or accept they do not exist.

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Yeah Phil i hear ya. Let me relate my situation to you. We were married some 9 years ago and Mrs Bundy came to Australia.We have spent time here every year since but the bulk of our time has been in Australia working.We are living here now.

Mrs Bundy has become used to the service and pace of life in Oz and it's her and not me that has all the problems here!

I'm pretty laid back and it doesn't really bother me if i have to wait for things............i got nuthin else to do so why get uptight? Now the missus on the other hand is having trouble "slowing down" again.Just the other day in Gaisano we're standing in a line at the checkouts while the girl on the register seemed to be in some kinda trance "daydreaming"..............well the missus goes straight up to her and says "Excuse me, do you work here?" :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Fairdinkum mate, sometimes i gotta run and hide before she gets me in trouble!

About the visa and residence thing, we are on Balikbayan stamp status and as far as we are aware we can remain in the country for up to 12 months and do not need to get an I-Card. We intend making a short trip somewhere every year.

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

"Excuse me do you work here?" Good for her. If all customers did that service would greatly improve.

I know a man who went to a Gaisano to buy ice cream. The cashier took so long talking to other people and doing other things that the ice cream melted. He finally threw the ice cream into a basket and walked out. His actions didn't change anything but if everyone did the same they would change.

• Like 1

wombatphil
Posted
Posted (edited)

"Excuse me do you work here?" Good for her. If all customers did that service would greatly improve.

I know a man who went to a Gaisano to buy ice cream. The cashier took so long talking to other people and doing other things that the ice cream melted. He finally threw the ice cream into a basket and walked out. His actions didn't change anything but if everyone did the same they would change.

Yeah, maybe so? But we're all different with different reactions and while I myself may have done that some time ago, to make a point, the point you actually make, IMO, by these actions or words or whatever, just points out to the ordinary folk here that "there is something wrong with that foringer!!!" So if we all did it, then I guess all foreigners would be regarded in a far lesser light... Not having an arguement with you, just my slant on the subject I guess.

post-2528-0-82977800-1346063394_thumb.jp

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

When said if we all did it, I meant everyone, foreigner and Filipino. Of course if only foreigners did it it wouldn't have any effect on service. The employee wouldn't even understand why the foreigner was upset. It takes their own kind to explain to them what the problem is and why its not acceptable.

• Like 2

wombatphil
Posted
Posted (edited)

When said if we all did it, I meant everyone, foreigner and Filipino. Of course if only foreigners did it it wouldn't have any effect on service. The employee wouldn't even understand why the foreigner was upset. It takes their own kind to explain to them what the problem is and why its not acceptable.

It's ok. The half ass was meant as a representation of me...

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Me being a nosey bugger i asked one of the checkout girls how much she was paid ,her reply was 210 pesos daily .so its hardly surprising the caliber of emplyees they have at the tills .now i worked her salarly out for the benifit of our fellow brits that is 3 pounds and 18p A DAY .that would,nt even buy a big mac meal in the uk .the thing is philippino,s do not complain anything like in the west about services its just the way they are it,ll never change .

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

For some people it's hard to adjust to a "slower" way of life... I've been to places in this world where 30 minutes in line at a shop is fast!

:tiphat:

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

good post wombat, I enjoy these type of threads where people can have a chat about everyday life here as it is and not sugar coated while still respecting the people here. I enjoyed our chat today and the visit too.

Today when i went immigration and found it was closed, I did not get upset but simply got back in the taxi and said to my wife "welcome to the Philippines with a smile and off we went to come back another day.. ;) And as you know we decided to head out to Mactan and buy a guitar and visit you as well so we turned a negative into a positive and we had a great day. I picked up a nice guitar and I'm very happy with it, we have lots of photos and videos to upload to our blogs and websites later as well...

always keep smiling here and enjoy the place for what it is, the good things far out number the annoying little things.

• Like 1