Any Romantics There ?

brock
Posted
Posted

So, I am booked into a nice hotel for the night in Cebu City......What to do to make a very romantic evening for the lady in your life ?.

Book a meal somewhere nice...where would you suggest ?

I have a few entertainer friends, so I am thinking to get one of them to come and sing her a song while having the meal,

I would like this to be a very special evening for her, One that she will remember for the rest of her life.

So any idea`s from you old romantics out there, All input appreciated, Thankyou.

Regards Brock.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

It sounds like you have the right idea already!

I can't recommend any restaurants by name but i would definitely look for a very highly rated one. Check out the upper scale hotels in the area.

Try to arrange ahead of time for a quiet table with a view. Also a special bouquet of flowers - if you know what her favourite flowers are, try to arrange for these - especially if they mix well with roses. A bottle of her favourite wine waiting for your arrival goes very well too. If there is a Maitre D' / Host, learn his (or her)name and arrange for him to seat you immediately upon your arrival. Don't forget to thank him by his first name. Don't forget to let her know ahead of time that this is a dress-appropriate restaurant as well. And don't forget your own shoes and pants - shorts and flip-flops just aren't that romantic in a fancy restaurant... :no:

After dining, a nice romantic walk (somewhere also very safe) such as a waterfront park is also a good thing - or a horse-drawn carriage ride (if available), or even an evening boat cruise is quite nice. I don't know if any would qualify in Cebu but you could even combine all of these if there is an up-scale dinner cruise while adding the touches I mentioned above.

Yeah, I did Quality Assurance for American Express Concierge Services and their elite customers for a year. This was something we would do every day - including the bookings and ensuring the quality and special attention was there for you. Talk about burning out fast!

• Like 2

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted (edited)

Let me try to find the link you can take a sunset boat ride to pandandanon (sp) from Mactan island where they will serve you dinner on the beach and watch the sun set for around 4000p for 2 . If thats to much I suggest Marco Polos blue room on the 24 floor open ceiling dining with a great view. Around 2000 with tip

http://www.divescotty.com/island_tours/sunset.html

These guys are good design your own cruise or join others for a cruise

Prices really vary depending on what you want but it was around 5000 for a romantic beach side dinner for 2 with great food and a bottle of wine or kick it up a notch with a guitar player for a couple hundred more . I seem to remember the tour with others was around 500p per head no food just a cruise at sunset

Edited by cebu rocks
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Both Marco Polo and Waterfront have live music (think Johny Mercer Sinatra the like) I know they will take requests. Perhaps you could arrange ahead of time for them to do a melody of songs dedicated to your girl and have the staff bring flowers to the table for you to give her.

Brock, I'm not so sure having someone come to your table would be a good choice. It could overwhelm your girl if she is at all shy.

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

I agree with Oldie but I prefer the venue for Chateau du Busay as it has a romantic setting. If you just continue to drive, its much further up the road from Marco Polo.

http://chateaudebusay.com/

Book in advance and tell them its for a special occasion and order a fancy desert that well be served personally by the Chef with fanfare. Also request to have them play music that are your wifes favourites or have the entertainer for the night sing a song especially for the wife and obviously announced on the Tannoy/PA.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted
Also request to have them play music that are your wifes favourites

For me a lot depends on whether or not it's your wife/live in girlfriend or someone not so well known that you are taking out for a romantic date.

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Also request to have them play music that are your wifes favourites

For me a lot depends on whether or not it's your wife/live in girlfriend or someone not so well known that you are taking out for a romantic date.

I think Brock's post is read that this is for his significant lady Curley - unless Brock has a "death wish" and is treating his mistress for a romantic evening, do you brockie ??????????

:lol:

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
I think Brock's post is read that this is for his significant lady Curley - unless Brock has a "death wish" and is treating his mistress for a romantic evening, do you brockie ??????????

I wasn't sure as his post started..."So, I am booked into a nice hotel for the night in Cebu City" I, not we................. plus I don't know his status with his "date"

Curley
Posted
Posted

I agree with Oldie but I prefer the venue for Chateau du Busay as it has a romantic setting. If you just continue to drive, its much further up the road from Marco Polo.

http://chateaudebusay.com/

Chateau de Busay sounds great, the accommodation looks good as well, I will have to remember that. Do you have experience of it Ashanti? Any idea of the price range?

Ashanti
Posted
Posted (edited)

I cannot exactly remember now Curley as its been awhile since ive been to the Chateau. All i remember was that i need a bank loan to eat there :lol: But as it was a special occasion, i just grin and bear it. At least my brats was very happy with their steak. If i remember, the steak (imported) cost nearly P2000. i dreaded that the boys might order 2x portions as they usually do since PI servings are small - luckily they did not. Probably taken pity of my green face :lol:

Edited by Ashanti
  • Like 2