Srrv

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if it would be easy/possible to transfer from 13a back to SRRV?.

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Does anyone know if it would be easy/possible to transfer from 13a back to SRRV?.

Why would you want to do that?

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

coz i'm married to a filipina, nuf said eh.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

coz i'm married to a filipina, nuf said eh.

:wt-hell: For my money and that sort of attitude. I would say :th_closed: If you are married to a pinay then surely the 13a is best for you and release your deposit/Bond. or are there hidden things here??? :unsure:

shiredevon
Posted
Posted

Let's just say it's a genuine enquiry and that i know longer wish to use a 13a to remain here, hence my desire to go back to my SRRV,

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I'm sure you have your reasons and they are none of my business ..... but I would say if you gave up your SRRV and with drew all your funds you would be back to square one and have to start all over again ..... as this is the Phils that is generally how they do things .... but as I have personally never done it it is just my thoughts ..... :cheersty:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can only say that I do not know anyone who has done it. I know many expats here on a 13a who have now separated from their wives but keep the 13a as part of their agreement. Then there is my neighbor whose wife left him to go to the US, get a divorce there and marry another man. My neighbor reverted to a tourist visa. I see no reason why he could not have chosen an SRRV instead. I prefer to stay as a tourist rather than commit to a 13a but that's just me.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Brucewayne
Posted
Posted

I can only say that I do not know anyone who has done it. I know many expats here on a 13a who have now separated from their wives but keep the 13a as part of their agreement. Then there is my neighbor whose wife left him to go to the US, get a divorce there and marry another man. My neighbor reverted to a tourist visa. I see no reason why he could not have chosen an SRRV instead. I prefer to stay as a tourist rather than commit to a 13a but that's just me.

You are losing money that way, aren't you?

At least it seems to me that you would be.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Better to ask the PRA directly, the hotline is 63 2 848 1412. I'm sure they can answer this for you.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
You are losing money that way, aren't you? At least it seems to me that you would be.

It may be costing me money but I have not taken the legal marriage step. That wedding license is said to be the most expensive visa around.

• Like 2