What Do You Miss Most From Home?

Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

One word... Amazon.com :hystery:

They deliver here in PI. for an extra charge. So I guess it depends what you want .

Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

what do you wish you could run down to your local supermarket to pick up?

Quality deli meat. Roast beef, ham, etc. and bleu cheese dressing, haven't found it anywhere.

I so agree w/ this ! In Robinsons they have frozen deli meat but its been thawed and refrozen. If you buy any fresh meat its so tough unless you boil it lol.

Last Unicorn
Posted
Posted

Also some canned chili (mine is good - but it ain't Wolf brand ha ha).    They have a decent selection of canned Chili here in Royal duty free here.  I think they had Wolf once.  They usually have Denison, Hormel  and some other American brands.  I think one of my favorites so far is an Organic brand that was very spicy.

They have plenty of Wolf brand chili here at Royal now.  It is good.  They have homestyle and spicy, and both are $1.90 USD per can, about p85.

I make my own but wish we had jalpenos here

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

After spending over 8 hours in a van today... I miss decent roads!   :hystery:

• Like 2

StayAtHomeDad
Posted
Posted

Down home southern cooking.. by far the thing I dream of most.

• Like 2

Czechman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Like Bob, I am still in Canada, but having been to the Philippines, what I think I will miss would be the vast selection of cheeses that we enjoy in Canada.

What I won't miss is the beer. Give me a cold San Miguel anytime!

MacBubba

Ha, ha, quite the opposite for me - although San Miguel isn't bad, I've had better & what I miss that was brewed exclusively in Canada was the "UniBroue" brand beers. These Unibroue beers were brewed/fermented/aged (I can't remember what they called it LOL) in the bottle. My favorite brews by them was the "Trois Pistoles" & the "17 Grande Reserve" beers. You Canadians probably are familiar with this company. I first stumbled upon these beers via a Trader Joes excursion in the States. I certainly do wish I could obtain this brew here in the Phils though!

Edited by Czechman

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
You Canadians probably are familiar with this company.

Maybe other Canadians are familiar with that company, but not this one.

Might it be from Quebec?