Best Australian/filipino Banks?

Matthew23
Posted
Posted

I've noticed the majority of these banking threads are bias toward American>Filipino banking, which of course makes sence. Does anyone happen to know of any specific banks in Australia/Philippines that have the better rates/services to do with each other.

Was looking into BPI as suggested but the aussie rate is bollucks.... :S PESOS less than the american dollar??! WHAT? hahaha. <3 :lol:

Disregarding safety for a moment, would the best rate be to take cash, switch them at a teller and then deposit them in a new account? I've never done this foreign trading on a big(ish) scale so never concerned myself on the specific exchange rates figuring they were always competitive enough.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Only way you can get up on that game is to hold cash untill the rate is high than exchange, the reason the dollar is quoted so much is that oil is bought and sold using the dollar.

• Like 2

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

HSBC bank!

It's a world bank that has branches in the Philippines, Australia, USA, UK, Hong Kong and many other countries.

If you have a Premiere account, ($100K+ in USD), you can access them all in one web view (Global View) and transfer monies between those foreign accounts (free).

Of course, they will do their own money exchange.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

HSBC bank!

It's a world bank that has branches in the Philippines, Australia, USA, UK, Hong Kong and many other countries.

If you have a Premiere account, ($100K+ in USD), you can access them all in one web view (Global View) and transfer monies between those foreign accounts (free).

Of course, they will do their own money exchange.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news... HSBC is closing down many of it's Asian operations. Somewhere in the forum is a post which I hope included the link to the news story though I can't find it right now... Here is another post from another member who has received the same information... http://www.philippin.../page__hl__hsbc

Edited by I am bob
clarification
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

http://www.anz.com/p...es/en/Personal/

Do a bit of research and maybe the answers will come. :thumbsup:

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

Yup! ANZ bank is another idea. I checked the link and it says:

Global view – View your ANZ accounts across Asia on one screen.

It doesn't mention (or I couldn't find) that you'd need 100K+ in USD to get such a thing!

Incase of HSBC, I still see them, on their website, having branches in the Philippines and Hong Kong? But ANZ seems less demanding and is in the region.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Incase of HSBC, I still see them, on their website, having branches in the Philippines and Hong Kong? But ANZ seems less demanding and is in the region.

Closures were slated to start in 2013.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Yup! ANZ bank is another idea. I checked the link and it says:

Global view – View your ANZ accounts across Asia on one screen.

It doesn't mention (or I couldn't find) that you'd need 100K+ in USD to get such a thing!

Well do you need 100k?

Anyway there is a branch there. http://www.locate.anz.com/anz/international#

Duma
Posted
Posted

I've noticed the majority of these banking threads are bias toward American>Filipino banking, which of course makes sence. Does anyone happen to know of any specific banks in Australia/Philippines that have the better rates/services to do with each other.

Was looking into BPI as suggested but the aussie rate is bollucks.... :S PESOS less than the american dollar??! WHAT? hahaha. <3 :lol:

Disregarding safety for a moment, would the best rate be to take cash, switch them at a teller and then deposit them in a new account? I've never done this foreign trading on a big(ish) scale so never concerned myself on the specific exchange rates figuring they were always competitive enough.

I would recommend MMBB Services when transferring large amounts of money to the Phil........They charge a flat rate which is about $17.50 per transaction.......whether you send $100 or $100,000 its $17.50 its not a % of the amount you send like the banks do.

When I sold my house in aussie I sent the money to them in Melbourne and then it was sent to my BDO here in Dgte.....They have a better exchange rate compared to the banks when you are withdrawing from the banks here using credit cards at the ATM.

They have accounts with Wespac, Commonwealth, ANZ and a few others....so if you have an account with one of their banks you deposit the amount into their account......The money arrives within 1 to 2 days......When sending large amounts as in my case the money takes 1 day to clear in Manila BDO and it takes 3 days to clear here in BDO Dgte.....but you can check with the bank that it has arrived so you know its there.

You have to be a member of MMBB which doesn't cost a cent....so you can log on and follow your transaction.

The Australian Gov't has brought in a new law that MMBB has to use which is.......The person who is to receive the money in Phil must show evidence that they live here ie......some thing with your name and address, electric power bill phone bill water bill.....you send a certified copy to their MMBB office in Manila and that is forwarded to MMBB in Melbourne.....its to stop money laundering overseas.

Here is their website....... https://www.mmbbservices.com/15/

Koala

• Like 3

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

JolleyGoodFellow: Anybody always need 100K :) -- Mind you, I didn't understand the comment nor the link? It takes me to some ANZ branch map?

OK OK ... so I am slow on the uptake!

However, this opened a new Pandora box for me. Which bank is best at doing what I (may be you) need?

I need everything to be free but mainly, money transfers, ATM, in Pesos, USD and AUD. Which bank does it best with the least headache?

Anybody has any experience with CitiBank? They seem to have it all?

https://online.citibank.com/US/JRS/pands/detail.do?ID=Citigold