Where Is The Best Bbq Chicken In Cebu ??

scott perry
Posted
Posted

Where in your opinion is the Best BBQ Chicken in Cebu?

We are not talking about flavoured with preservatives & additives & definately MSG FREE

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Pretty much every other street corner had wonderful chicken! I tend to stay away from restaurants when there is so much great street food :)

(chicken... or whatever....)

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

At this point I am careful what bbq I eat in the philippines. I am just not ready to eat bbq chicken intestines (isaw) or anus yet.

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Stay away from the street Chicken it might be ok but if not your in a world of hurt, better safe than sorry, i do my own from fresh frozen Magnolia class A chickens from wholesaler USDA standard, a lot of the street chickens might be left out or kept to long, 12 workers went to hospital from eating chicken from so called good eatery, when it comes to money they will stop at nothing, you put 40 chickens on for lechion, at the end of the day if not all sold you only half cook and then put them on again the next day on bottom row

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

I can't vouch for anything in Cebu but I can assure you that just about every late night local clubs

will have a BBQ stand nearby.

While the US Navy was still in Subic Bay Naval Base, many BBQ stands saves our poor souls as

we staggered back to main gate. Despite the mystery meat on the stick, it was finger lickin' good.

Of course chasing it down with San Magoo somehow prevented the Hershey Squirts for most

sailors and marines.....he, he.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I can't vouch for anything in Cebu but I can assure you that just about every late night local clubs

will have a BBQ stand nearby.

While the US Navy was still in Subic Bay Naval Base, many BBQ stands saves our poor souls as

we staggered back to main gate. Despite the mystery meat on the stick, it was finger lickin' good.

Of course chasing it down with San Magoo somehow prevented the Hershey Squirts for most

sailors and marines.....he, he.

I agree Jake! Just about anywhere we went (warm anyways), there was always the bbq stand.... fresh chicken.... dog-ka-bobs.... even good old burgers and fries! Did I ever get sick? I blame it on too much beer!

:mocking:

Edited by I am bob
left curser on post too long before finished writing

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Chika-an sa, Century Plaza Cebu City. Not expensive has a wide range of great Cebuano food.

Andok's franchise always have great chicken.

If you chose the street vendor get one right off the rotisserie and DON"T let them chop it up for the obvious reasons.

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

Where in your opinion is the Best BBQ Chicken in Cebu?

We are not talking about flavoured with preservatives & additives & definately MSG FREE

homemade ................

as the only safe way if you do not want the above!

• Like 1

scott perry
Posted
Posted

For your info - we have been hitting the BBQ Chicken shops & this is what we have personally found.

AA BBQ - good charcoal grill flavour outside, inside meat nothing special. THIS CAME IN AT NO. 2 SPOT

CITY SPORTS - good flavour inside & out, but sauce is a bit on the sweeter side

CHICKEN & BEER - BBQ Original flavour ordered. a touch spiced (maybe not good for kids), tasted a bit processed like MSG, preservatives, but it has a very distinct flavour of its own

MANG INASAL - too dry, too sweet & plenty of preservative processed flavour

MATHIAS (ON AS FORTUNA) - also good charcoal flavour, crunchy bbq outside, not too sweet, definately enjoyable & juicy. THIS CAME IN AT NO.1 SPOT

This is my personal opinion & may vary from anybody elses.

But I must agree with previous comments that you dont actually know how long the food sits out for, but all I can say is with the amount of people that seem to be eating at AA BBQ & Mathias, they would have a good & quick turnover of food...always seems to be very full.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
get one right off the rotisserie and DON"T let them chop it up

Sounds like you are talking about Lechon Manok, not barbecue Big difference in taste. For lechon Manok I like Tiktilaok or however it its spelled Its found at a few places but I used to get mine at Fooda in Consolacion.

• Like 2