E-Trike...anyone?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:morning1: just thought i would add this piece about E Trikes On Negros for those Interested to read, we had a Topic on here earlier this year, I believe there is a guy on Cebu who actually makes them, anyway, just my addition to the proceedings.

http://newsinfo.inqu...gros-occ-cities

http://www.google.co...iw=1360&bih=653

we have quite a few e Bikes in Dumaguete, they are getting very Popular

:tiphat:

• Like 4

MikeB
Posted
Posted
we have quite a few e Bikes in Dumaguete

Is the fare the same and how much?

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
we have quite a few e Bikes in Dumaguete

Is the fare the same and how much?

:unsure: Sorry mike, when I said e bikes I meant 2 wheels, we will have our Trikes in November ( They say), maybe Steve in Bacalod, can answer the fare costs as they have them Already. :)

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

The problem I see with the E-Trikes will be in the future when the batteries start going bad the drivers will not have enough money to replace the batteries. You can see the same thing with most of the motorbikes in the Philippines. Watch when the driver turns the ignition on the headlight is very dim or completely off and then when he kick starts it the light comes on. This is because his battery is bad and should be replaced. You can get by with a dead battery on a gasoline kick start motorbike but you can't with a all electric trike.

The good news is when the batteries start going bad us foreigners can buy a E-Trike very cheap.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
The good news is when the batteries start going bad us foreigners can buy a E-Trike very cheap.

You think so? They'll find a way to fix it.....probably a stolen truck battery sat on the roof. :mocking:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I saw an e-trike a week or so ago, but it was not a big one like in the original video posted. It was like a small sized normal trike. I didn't get a good enough look to see if there was a brand, but it was yellow and appeared to be brand new. It was in the Alabang area but on the main road there.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Interesting...any idea of the cost?

E g this one is a small wholesaler

http://sulit.com.ph/4877729

but he has minimum packages of 4, but I believe it's include normal ebikes normaly.

I have seen better than that one, but I didn't made notes of tricycles, because I'm just interested in normal ones.

I BELIEVE I have seen one electric tricycle for 70 000p (don't remenber if it's wholesale or retail price.)

Look up with many ebikes has weak motors, the smaller ones have problem even with be driven by ONE kano :) The speeds and distances they often count at 75 kg for driver plus load together.

Very cheap "fuel" (just 12 pesos for 45 km for a normal ebike)

BUT it's a problem with the low distance (around 45 km) on one load. Then they need load time 4-6 hours, which is a problem when being commersial.

I don't know if it's easy to switch to an other battery pack to solve that problem, but probably not to easy, because then they can be stolen to easy... :)

Has anyone ever ridden one of these or a similar e-bike? Any idea on the cost of a single unit?

This might be a good solution for us temporarily because according to the Sulit ad no license and registration is required. The primary use would be to transport my GF's 8 year old back and forth to school. Not sure how good that work on rainy days!!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Has anyone ever ridden one of these or a similar e-bike? Any idea on the cost of a single unit? This might be a good solution for us temporarily because according to the Sulit ad no license and registration is required. The primary use would be to transport my GF's 8 year old back and forth to school. Not sure how good that work on rainy days!!

No, I haven't ridden any. But LOOK UP with electric ones are normaly weak compared to normal motorbikes. The E-trikes I have found cost much more* than the cheapest 2 wheel ebikes, I suppose because of they need stronger motors to get a chance to transport a grown up passenger.

*65 000 - 75 000 for an etrike, just a bit over 20 000 for an ebike.

With one like this

http://www.ayosdito.ph/Etrike+Ebike-3113408.htm?last=1

you can transport whole her school class if counting as Filipins doo :hystery:

This guy has similar covered ones

http://www.alibaba.com/member/ph1009064444/contactinfo.html

in Novaliches, Quezon.

Romai has a 3-wheeler specialy made for you :) but I don't know if there are any imported to Phili

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/5152479/ebike?referralKeywords=etrike&event=Search+Ranking,Position,1-1,1

(click "View inactive")

How about buy a 2 wheel ebike and let some handyman build a safe seat where a child can sit, and a rain cover for you both? (Perhaps a static mounted roof covering sun, plus with sides you can put on/off or even better open/close depending of if it's raining or not. There are e g rather cheap "Build plastic" strong enough to cover the sides if reinforcing the ends of it, but the front window need to be hard.)

This one is a stronger version, which I suppose is strong enough to manage that extra windbreaking needed power

(ad was old. link didn't function no more) but he claimed to be autorized reseller for Tsunami ebikes in Cebu E g one 2 wheeler extra strong for small cargo, suiting to add a speacial build seat at the back. 28 500 p.

Call or Text me for Showroom Directions. Mobile Number: 0932-37-67-333

I believe I saw a Tsunami reseller closer to Laguna, but I didn't save it.

LOOK UP! If these batteries are like many others, they get a longer life if NOT recharge before it's (close to) empty.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I think I would seriously consider an e-bike for 20-30k pesos. If I can round up addresses of dealers in metro Manila I might take a day tour of all them sometime soon.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think I would seriously consider an e-bike for 20-30k pesos. If I can round up addresses of dealers in metro Manila I might take a day tour of all them sometime soon.

You can make an "ebike"" search at sulit and ayosdito. There are rather many. Then you see models too to see which you can find interesting to check more, and you can perhaps find a good second hand one too. Note the difference between "motorbike" ones and them which you can support by paddeling as on a common bicycle.

Look up 1! Battery prices and access to buy new ones for different ebikes. And different batteries claim to manage 250 - 500 recharges. In the long run that's the high cost, because "refueling" cost almost nothing.

Look up 2! I don't know your weight, but if it isn't below average kano men weight, you can need to check if the ebike manage to move faster than walking, or if you perhaps would have to step off and push it :hystery: if you go up a hill with a load weight as a child.

• Like 1