Learned Something New Today ..... Lol

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Mike S

I am also relieved to have discovered these "rules" affecting customer service. I can tell story after story of just how many times I've witnessed this, not only for myself. Just observed it while out and about.

Unfortunately for me, I have a background and cultural habit of asking questions. This does NOT serve me well here. One example. I went to renew my ACR (five year) a while back. I brought all of the documents required and more specifically, all those I was told to bring. I even brought more than I had been asked to bring (I've been a bureaucrat in another life). Of course, the first thing I was told I had not brought enough 2x2 photos. Can never have too many of those.

Problem solved right away with a nearby photoshop.

Next problem was one of my own making. I asked a question.

I was told to bring all of my receipts from each year of the annual registration. I did so. I also brought copies and that is what I gave to the clerk. She politely asked me for the originals which I had. My question was why did it need to be the originals I gave too them. I had been told by them to NEVER lose the originals and keep them. Here I was giving them up. Seemed odd, since the receipts were of their own making and they had records of the payments. As well, it is all listed clearly in the computerized record of my ACR.

I made no fuss, just asked to be sure. Whoops.

The clerk went. And spoke to her boss. I could tell from the expressions and body language something was getting lost in the translation. I didn't know what, since they were out of range to listen.

The boss walked over, gave me all the documents assembled thus far and said "you'll have to take care of this in Manila". I was doing this in a province. Whoops. Seemed she didn't want her authority questioned. That was not my intention.

Excellent example!

You were a problem... You were removed.

:mocking:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
I'll be doing my own repair ....

If you can't get hold of Jake's hammer while doing your own repairs. you can purchase one online rather inexpensively... 48 oz of pure savage rubber with a built-in lead facing to ensure those strokes and strikes are not only accurate but strong enough to ensure any computer product is fully fixed in accordance with any manufacturer's specifications.

Just send P50,000 to me along with another P120,000 to cover shipping and handling from our office in Nigeria. All cash only and via this website at my own discretion, of course!

• Like 3

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
I still have my crescent-hammer to really fix your computer

thats my second solution ...................

my first is to leave the computer in my husbands desk - then hide in the bathroom ............

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...........................

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My gawd but that explains the Military Chain of Command perfectly! Also the normal marriage and the husband's position in it...

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Also the normal marriage

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: 1%20(103).gif :kidding: You mean There is, such a thing, PLEASE! explain or is there something, we are missing my illustrious friend? :) :unsure:

JP :tiphat:

• Like 2