Having Babies In The Province - Its More Fun Here

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

Congratulations Dave. Should you observe the practice of handing out cigars, you're lucky that they're rather inexpensive!

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Crib Rat? I like that description.....he, he. You definitely have a natural sense of humor in spite

of enduring several hours with your wife in labor. Judy and I send our best regards to your wife

and Dave Jr.

Congratulations my friend -- Jake

• Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Congrats to you and the wife, glad to hear it worked out.

• Like 3

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

congratulations!!!

so hows your lullaby song practice getting on?????????????

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

I hope you wil have lots of patience when the crib rat keeps you awake at night with all that squaking hahaha and make sure ya man up and take ya turn brother dave .

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Congrats Dave and Mrs Dave ...... I thought i had posted on this subject ..... did the likes but no post ...... must have been at night when I'm surfing on the TV and have no keyboard ...... can click on the likes button with my wireless mouse ......

In the US we called the young'uns rug-rats but we don't have to many rugs here in the houses or apartments ...... so I guess crib-rats (as you said) or maybe tile-rats will do ...... anyway not your first kid so no need to tell you what to do or expect ...... but a cloths pin on your nose will help you get by the diaper smell and as he is a boy .... by all means leave the old diaper over his titi until you are ready to put the new one on ...... :hystery: :hystery: ...... Kuya Jake can give you some tips on Golden Showers ...... :mocking:

• Like 4

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
. I expect to total bill for everything from doctor to helpers to medicines to private room to come in at about 20K pesos.

Not bad in my estimation.

just curious.. How much did PHILHEALTH pay?

thanks

the birth of my 2nd child was under 5K & it was a C-section(with Philhealth payment)at a public baby factory hospital in manila.

since my now X-partner had such a " happy " attitude this was her reward.

as i nor she(family planned) on the 2nd, and i saved at least 30K or more

Edited by Pittman apartments Sgn
  • Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Next chapter in the story.

I don't have Phil Health yet so they paid nothing. A clerk at the hospital said we had to start on Jan 1 with Phil health and that they would not cover us until then. I did not confirm that with anyone so just passing on what was said and that is what I intend to do.

So the doctor was telling tales 'out of school' so to speak and told me how my partner was in a lot of pain and not handling it at all well during the long labor. (I know she is a pussy as far as not taking pain well and I felt extremely bad for her but nothing that I could do about that). Many times during labor my partner asked my doctor to do a C Section so the pain would stop. The doctor said many other doctors will do that and it is why there are so many Caesarians here and usually the girl says the doctor told her it was needed when really it was the patient asking for it. Fortunately, my wife's doctor is a strong believer in natural child birth when there are no complications and I am proud of my wife for making it through despite all the pain. I have a lot of respect for the doctor for insisting that the birth take its natural process. (I am a bit put off because she is one of those docs who prescribe herbal remedies for everything that are not real drugs and not tested. A bit like a quack doctor in that regard.)

I asked why she did not give an epidural The doc said the rural hospital has only one anesthesiologist 24/7 365 days a year there is only the one. If that one was allowed to do epidurals on the delivering mothers then he would not be available when a trauma case came up. So they just do not do it.

So the price I mentioned is about right for doctor (8000) and meds (6000 so far) and hospital bill (not in yet) but you have to add a lot extra to feed the visitors who will come by in large numbers and, instead of bringing gifts like they do in the west, expect to be fed. C'est la vie

• Like 5

Thomas
Posted
Posted
So the doctor was telling tales 'out of school' so to speak and told me how my partner was in a lot of pain and not handling it at all well during the long labor. (I know she is a pussy as far as not taking pain well and I felt extremely bad for her but nothing that I could do about that). Many times during labor my partner asked my doctor to do a C Section so the pain would stop. The doctor said many other doctors will do that and it is why there are so many Caesarians here and usually the girl says the doctor told her it was needed when really it was the patient asking for it. Fortunately, my wife's doctor is a strong believer in natural child birth when there are no complications and I am proud of my wife for making it through despite all the pain. I have a lot of respect for the doctor for insisting that the birth take its natural process. (I am a bit put off because she is one of those docs who prescribe herbal remedies for everything that are not real drugs and not tested. A bit like a quack doctor in that regard.)

Well. I believe women in average handle such pain BETTER than men,

many say if men would have to do the births, then would just a few babies be born :)

For real! :

Close to the new airport between Cagayan de Oro and Iligan there is a doctor NAMED "Doctor Kwack" ! :hystery:

• Like 3