Much Reduced Crimes At Bohol (?)

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Some crime prevention programs are started as a part of the plans of developing Bohol. If this statistics tell the truth, the result is very good.

Procent solved crimes:

2009 2010 2011

26 13 28 City

25 31 44 Province

34 27 17 Average monthly crime rate. Meaning what? :)

To good to be true in the provinces?

The drop for cities in 2010 make me believe more in this statistics.

But it's a questions of TYPE of crimes too. Not so interesting IF they start solving all shop liftings if geting more e g violent robberies :)

Have any long stayers at Bohol seen any change?

--

I wrote somewhere some days ago I hadn't heared of any guerilla activity at Bohol.

In same document as the statistics I read AFP and PNP announced Bohol to be an insurrection free zon 2010.

Edited by Thomas

stevewool
Posted
Posted

no matter where you live in the world there is crime and its getting worst, most have read all about england and every man and his dog moving here, you can imagine what crime will follow,

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I would take any statistics being thrown around here in the Phils with a grain of salt ...... kinda like the US during election time ..... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ...... someone once told me there was less crime in the US than in the Phils ...... but then it all depends on who is reporting it and why ..... if they need crime prevention funding it will be more and for tourism it will be less ..... :thumbsup: ....... :cheersty:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

As expats living here, we often hear of crimes involving other expats by word of mouth. I have to say I cannot recall any crimes against foreigners in Bohol. Camotes is another island near Cebu that is so quiet that I do not recall any crimes against foreigners. Not to say these do not happen, but there are some areas which are more crime free than others.

• Like 3

tiger31
Posted
Posted

one type of crime that that gets me mad but maybe to others not so is graffiti ,And cebu is full of it .there is nothing worse than living in what you might think is a nice area then some twat comes aong and decides to paint gang crap all down the length of a wall.This is a subject that not many members have spoken about ,crips and blood gang members roaming the streets of cebu ,its not as bad ,I guess as the U.S but its still here lots of wanna be gangsters here.

• Like 4

tiger31
Posted
Posted

no matter where you live in the world there is crime and its getting worst, most have read all about england and every man and his dog moving here, you can imagine what crime will follow,

your o k steve bohol is fairly quiet and laid back lol
  • Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

one type of crime that that gets me mad but maybe to others not so is graffiti ,And cebu is full of it .there is nothing worse than living in what you might think is a nice area then some twat comes aong and decides to paint gang crap all down the length of a wall.This is a subject that not many members have spoken about ,crips and blood gang members roaming the streets of cebu ,its not as bad ,I guess as the U.S but its still here lots of wanna be gangsters here.

Yes, I hate that and it is all over the world. I lived in Germany and it is bad there too. The problem is that it has been glorified by media especially MTV type media, so all the young people think it is cool to deface someone else's property.

It was very bad for a while 20 years ago in my hometown in California. Kids would "tag" everything including street signs. It helped some when they changed the laws so that you had to be 18 to buy spray paint.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

just to add something here, aint TWAT one of the best words ever, makes me smile and even have a little laugh to myself when i read the word
  • Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

and i have just realized, there is more then me on the site at the same time as others today, thats a record , hello everyone

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

hey steve did you see that hospital for sale with an acre of land next to the beach on bohol for 60k dollars haha what a bargain check it out lol