Senior Citizen Benefits

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

thank you for this info. just maybe a "slight" change has occured for some of us.

Would you kindly in the next few days.weeks and months UPDATE US(the members) here

on your success on using the much sought after "CARD"

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Philippines wants to establish the reputation of being a senior friendly nation by granting special privileges. One reason is to get more global retirees to consider relocation. The Philippine Retirement Authority is approving more than 2,000 SRRV applications a year. By comparison, Thailand is issuing 20,000 to 25,000 retirement visas every year.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
when we went to get the form the guard ask me how old i was

Oh they judge after look. I better dye my hair grey then :)

• Like 2

oldutot
Posted
Posted

I understand that there's a senior citizen benefit, what type of i.d. does a expat need

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

The Philippines wants to establish the reputation of being a senior friendly nation by granting special privileges. One reason is to get more global retirees to consider relocation.

The Philippine Retirement Authority is approving more than 2,000 SRRV applications a year. By comparison, Thailand is issuing 20,000 to 25,000 retirement visas every year.

JJR Could you explain why the RP only issues 2000 SRRV visas

while other countries is more? what is the reason.

if you can tell us within forum rules(cough cough)

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I understand that there's a senior citizen benefit, what type of i.d. does a expat need

c) Other valid documents that establish the senior citizen or elderly person as a citizen of the Republic and at least sixty (60) years of age,

which shall include but not be limited to the following government-issued identification documents indicating an elderly’s birthdate or age:

driver's license,

voters ID,

SSS/GSIS ID,

PRC card,

Postal ID” (Rule III, Article 5.5, Implementing Rules and Regulations of R.A. No. 9257).

5.5 IDENTIFICATION DOCUMENT refers to any document or proof of being a seniorcitizen which shall be used for the availment of benefits and privileges under the law, such as the following:
  • Identification card issued by the City or Municipal Mayor/Office of senior citizens Affairs (OSCA) or of the barangay captain of the place where the senior citizen or the elderly resides
  • The passport of the elderly person or senior citizen concerned
  • Other documents that establish the senior citizen or elderly person is a citizen of the Republic and who is at least sixty (60) years of age

lets ask OKIEBOY

so he can tell us exactly he needed or did.

also here is a past topic regarding the BENEFIT

please read it as its in detailed

read post #10 by mike s. listed is small part

The Senior citizen card in the Philippines is not meant for senior citizens of foreign countries in the Philippines

even when some Filipino government officials don’t understand their own laws regarding it.

Unfortunately, many expats don’t care to read or, maybe, are just incapable of understanding the restrictions in the law for some curious and selfish reasons.

As Expats in the Philippines, we are VISITORS whether we are tourist or permanent residence or under SSRV: we have no right by taking away the benefits that belong to the Filipino citizens.

(closed topic)

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/dear-pao/21552-foreigners-cannot-avail-senior-citizen-discounts

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

The bottom line is that foreigners aged 60 or more are not entitled to privileges and discounts given to Filipino senior citizens and foreigners can not apply for a Senior Citizen ID Card or the booklet that grants them a small discount on certain "essential" grocery items.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
The Senior citizen card in the Philippines is not meant for senior citizens of foreign countries in the Philippines even when some Filipino government officials don’t understand their own laws regarding it

I can believe that.

What I cannot believe is that this law is implemented equally all over the Philippines. I know for a fact that some expat seniors have got 'the card' and some have not been able to. Just like any other law in the Philippines, your experience will differ from others. If you expect that the foreign expats who are using the card every day will somehow find themselves a victim of the justice system I suggest not in this lifetime.

Welcome to the Philippines, Its more fun here. Justice is not equally applied so just worry about your own self and don't be concerned with what the next guy is 'getting away with' (Not aimed at any particular You, just anyone who feels hard done by because they follow what they perceive to be the law and see others doing what they have decided is wrong.)

Another example is the helmet law. Just about every jurisdiction in the Philippines interprets it and enforces it in a different manner. When in Rome, do what the Romans are doing.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well. The express line rule in long queues, and discount of "kano prices" I find nice :)

but asking for discount from small business owners asking normal prices I find stingy... :unsure:

---

A full 20% discount (and exemption from the VAT)

How to make exemption for VAT, when it's counted on the PAID price??? :hystery:

• Like 2