I Have Been Looking For Budget Flight From Uk To Philippines

johnb
Posted
Posted

Hi I have been looking for a budget flight from UK [London] to Philippines, of course I'll be heading back to Cebu as I live there, but dont mind just a cheap flight to Manila then have a sleep then use PAL or Cebu pacific for the last leg, I'm not carrying much so it doesnt matter about the extras pal and cebu pacific add for excess baggage, as i dought i will have 20kg.

At present Kuwait airlines seem best with a price of £490 return, i 'll be leaving mid Jan, having just read some travelers reviews of Kuwait airlines they dont seem the most effeciant airline lol but finanaces must take priority.............I have been dumped in Kuwait airport before and it is a little baron, but needs must, so has anyone here used Kuwait airlines.

see link below for passengers reviews

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/kuwait.htm

• Like 2

7kmilesaway
Posted
Posted

I've been having a nose at some websites with regards to finding a cheap/budget flight from London Heathrow to Manila. I found one in Crystal Travel and its total price is £511.15 with Kuwait Airways as well. This is for May-June 2013. I did looked at the reviews of the said airline, not so good though. Hopefully i could find one that is cheaper or even just the same as this price but with a good/best quality service airline and is highly recommendable so that somehow i could recommend/suggest it to my boyfriend for his next trip.

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

for all the hassle that goes with flying into manila ,changing airlines etc and stop over times can it really be called a budget flight .just go with cathay pacific to cebu via hongkong one and a half hour stop over its just perfect ,for that ittle bit extra piece of mind its worth the little bit extra money .

• Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

for all the hassle that goes with flying into manila ,changing airlines etc and stop over times can it really be called a budget flight .just go with cathay pacific to cebu via hongkong one and a half hour stop over its just perfect ,for that ittle bit extra piece of mind its worth the little bit extra money .

Hi Tiger, I just took a look at the cost to fly with Cathay and for the dates i'm looking for, the return flight is £897.29 compaired to £490 with Kuwait, yes i still have to do the final leg to Cebu and there are stops in Kuwait, at least the stops get me out of those poxy little seats lol and the onward travel to Cebu thats not a big cost, i can book that online before I leave, of course I could just keep waiting and checking sites for a better carrier but the nearer my departure date the less likely good prices will arrive, I went back to the UK to earn some money to finish of my place in Cebu, I realy hate to hand a big lump of it over to an airline, I have one roof to replace and want to buy a vehicle of somesorts, that extra £400 will pay for my new roof.

• Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted

I've been having a nose at some websites with regards to finding a cheap/budget flight from London Heathrow to Manila. I found one in Crystal Travel and its total price is £511.15 with Kuwait Airways as well. This is for May-June 2013. I did looked at the reviews of the said airline, not so good though. Hopefully i could find one that is cheaper or even just the same as this price but with a good/best quality service airline and is highly recommendable so that somehow i could recommend/suggest it to my boyfriend for his next trip.

Looks like i will go for Kuwait airlines, so I'll give you some feed back when i arrive as to how it went, so you can either go for K/Airlines or look for another carrier

John

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Hi Tiger, I just took a look at the cost to fly with Cathay and for the dates i'm looking for, the return flight is £897.29 compaired to £490 with Kuwait, yes i still have to do the final leg to Cebu and there are stops in Kuwait, at least the stops get me out of those poxy little seats lol and the onward travel to Cebu thats not a big cost, i can book that online before I leave, of course I could just keep waiting and checking sites for a better carrier but the nearer my departure date the less likely good prices will arrive, I went back to the UK to earn some money to finish of my place in Cebu, I realy hate to hand a big lump of it over to an airline, I have one roof to replace and want to buy a vehicle of somesorts, that extra £400 will pay for my new roof.

did you try cathays own website for that price as it seems a bit high ? i might have to do the same thing and go back to uk and earn some more money lol i,m lapu lapu where you from in uk ?

7kmilesaway
Posted
Posted
Looks like i will go for Kuwait airlines, so I'll give you some feed back when i arrive as to how it went, so you can either go for K/Airlines or look for another carrier John

When wlll you be flying going here in the Philippines? I'll be looking forward to hearing some feedback from you with regards flying with Kuwait Airlines then, hopefully it would be positive :)

johnb
Posted
Posted (edited)

did you try cathays own website for that price as it seems a bit high ? i might have to do the same thing and go back to uk and earn some more money lol i,m lapu lapu where you from in uk ?

Hi Tiger, Yes, I did just do a straight search on CathayPacifics web page for the dates i want to travel on, but every penny saved on the flight pays for my steel and welding rods for the roof lol, I'm from south London, but been overseas since 1996, the last seven years in Cebu,

Its only been the last couple of years I started returning to the UK. anyway I have things to do here this morning [ just 7.35am ] I have to dig out my frying pan, then put my pork sausages on to cook while I open the bacon and slice the black pudding, not to forget to fry a nice soft egg and a couple of tomatoes, finished of with some fried bread,then just add HP sauce, mug of tea and major Heart attack, F*****k it, its worth the risk lol

Edited by johnb
  • Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted
Looks like i will go for Kuwait airlines, so I'll give you some feed back when i arrive as to how it went, so you can either go for K/Airlines or look for another carrier John

When wlll you be flying going here in the Philippines? I'll be looking forward to hearing some feedback from you with regards flying with Kuwait Airlines then, hopefully it would be positive :)

Should be arriving in Manila, [if the plane holds together] on the 23rd Jan 2013 :tiphat:

• Like 1

7kmilesaway
Posted
Posted
Should be arriving in Manila, [if the plane holds together] on the 23rd Jan 2013

Hope everything will turn out well then :)