Balamban

brock
Posted
Posted

Just thought I would let you know that I am about to leave Balamban on my motorbike heading for Cebu to renew my visa, I dont know what the roads are like, But if anything like going to Dalaguete, I probably wont make it, nearly killed 3 or 4 times on that trip, So just want to say its been nice knowing you all, ( Just incase ) :).

Yes I have Branston pickle and typhoo tea for you Tiger.

Regards Brock.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Isn't that the same road the MikeB nearly killed himself? Just be sure you have a couple mill hospital coverage and you'll be fine.

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Balamban to Cebu a great ride! great scenery and great corn on the cob on the way down this side of the mountain

tiger31
Posted
Posted

yeah i done it in a taxi really nice scenery up and down the mountains ,totally amazed at how close to the edge of the mountains some of those houses and nippa huts are built just waiting for the next earth quake to send them all down the mountain ,its not my cuppa tea living on the edge thats for sure lol.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Well. I arrived in Cebu ok,But the road wasnt so good, Lots of holes and large rocks on the road, But very nice scenery,

Nesa needed a pee, So I stopped and told her to nip over this wall so she wouldnt be seen, I didnt relise there was a 100 foot drop the other side, ;)

• Like 1

Panserhansen
Posted
Posted

I have been driving that road for probably 100 times. I find it pretty easy, and much prefer it over Toledo-Naga-Cebu which is much more trafficked. There are parts where you should be careful, especially the 5 km climb from Balamban. Don't cut any corners. Like Geoff, I also stop and buy corn. 3 kg for 100 peso is a cheap pasalubong :-)

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike, Did anything happen to the Driver of the truck, court action I mean.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Hey Mike, Did anything happen to the Driver of the truck, court action I mean.

No, I didn't file a case even though I would have won because the truck had an expired registration which, according to the police, automatically makes him at fault because it shouldn't have been on the road. Unlike most places, if the victim doesn't file a case the police will usually do nothing. He didn't stop at the accident but he was at the police station the next day when my gf (now wife) went to get the accident report. He told her he was sorry but that it was my fault because I hit him which is total bs, there were witnesses who saw it and all the marks from the accident were on the side I was on. My insurance paid all the medical bills and I paid the considerable cost to repair the rented bike and put it behind me.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
He told her he was sorry but that it was my fault because I hit him which is total bs

That part alone would cause me to file charges. Those who do not admit they are wrong are likely to do exactly the same thing again and the next guy may not survive.

• Like 3