Where To Buy Gas Bbq?

Old55
Message added by Old55

How nice of him to offer this outstanding value as a new member introduction offer spam thingie. :2245_safe:

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Well my old BBQ is well past its sell by date and its time to replace it with new, I have seen a few here and there but just wondered if anybody new the best place to buy here in Cebu City. Or maybe someone is leaving and has a good one for sale. Cheers!

Mike S
Posted
Posted

S&R had some really nice big ones for a descent price ..... also True Value in Alaya has some pretty nice units along with the charcoal briquettes

if you need that ...... still to expensive for me ..... we just use the little round pot looking things and replace it after a couple of years .... but then we cook with charcoal ....

OldUgly&Cranky
Posted
Posted

i thought i seen some in ace hardware when i was in manila they are a national chain store so im sure you can get them in cebu as well !!!

O-U-C :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Cheers guys, I have seen a new store is opening Wilcom they have a few in manila but don't know much about them.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For the first time I saw a full sized Weber Spirit gas grill here, at Handyman attached to Robinson's in Festival Mall, Alabang. In was the 2 burner version without side warmer and the price was p 45,000! The same unit in the US would be around 500 USD. They are the best gas grills and will last much longer than cheaper brands, but I don't think I would pay that much. I will buy cheap ones and throw them away every few years. The humidity here probably eats them quickly!

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Webber BBQs are great but they are also so very expensive! I have been able to find several brands in the last few years that have matched Webber in quality but were also so very much lower in price! But, once I hit the Philippines, I am only going to get a cheap little portable when I get a gas BBQ. Why? Because I much prefer wood or charcoal for that really good flavour!

:mocking:

sjp52
Posted
Posted

would the connection for bbq,s be universal

• 2 weeks later...
Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Ok, I'm keeping to the theme here if not the topic.

I prefer cooking with charcoal but can't stand to wait the time between lighting it,

and being able to use it.

So, I have a gas bottle with a regular burner on it. I drilled about 60, 1 centimetre holes

in a stainless 8" saucepan. (drilling stainless is no fun)

I fill the saucepan with charcoal, set it on the burner and in no time, the charcoal is near to

usable embers.

Chuck it in my cast iron bbq, add more charcoal if needed. Bob's your uncle. No not you Bob, sit down already !!!

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I prefer cooking with charcoal but can't stand to wait the time between lighting it,

So, I have a gas bottle with a regular burner on it. I drilled about 60, 1 centimetre holes

I fill the saucepan with charcoal, set it on the burner and in no time, the charcoal is near to

usable embers.

Chuck it in my cast iron bbq, add more charcoal if needed. Bob's your uncle. No not you Bob, sit down already !!!

1%20(235).gif oh.... ok!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
earthdome
Posted
Posted

usable embers.

Here is the fastest way I have found to light a bbq using liquid oxygen!

• Like 3