Trip To Sm Part Ii

• 10 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have watched this before and still amazed that 

1. you survived the driving on the Cebu roads

2. how little was the traffic at that time of day.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted
2. how little was the traffic at that time of day.

Yes it was 9:30 on a Sunday morning .... no kids going to school .... or most people home from work ..... a total difference in driving in Cebu and here in Bacolod .... there is more traffic here in Bacolod as compared to the Sunday drive in Cebu but to me the people driving here (except the jeepneys) are much more courteous ..... believe it or not even the taxi's are much more considerate ..... the only area I stay away from here in Bacolod is the area near the plaza and central market .... and even I will sometimes venture past the plaza but no way the central market ..... that is just a mad house .... people walking out in the street and jeepneys cutting you off and loading and unloading on both sides of the road is two lane and it's one way all around the market .... you have to drive with ESP ...... :mocking: 

:cheersty:  

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

Traffic! What traffic, I have seen more traffic in Clark on a Sunday afternoon!

Not to mention I only noticed 74 traffic violations in such a long journey!

But even more amazing was seeing 2 (two) motorbikes and 1 (one) taxi driver actually using their turning signals! Mind you the taxi driver was driving in two lanes for about a quarter of a mile!

Still all in all, not bad for the Philippines.

Well done Cecil, I mean Mike!

Papa Carl

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK ... here it is ... just decided to leave the damn thing uploading over night to tired to wait till it was done ..... now to just sit back and wait to be discovered ..... I may be the next Cecil B Demille ...... my grandpa always said I was a late bloomer (or was that a blooming idiot ... :mocking: )

Anyway hope you enjoy part II

OK Mike S......I was just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride.  But within the first 5 seconds, I sat straight up

with red flags flashing through my brain.  Suddenly you turned on the windshield wipers but no rain drops

whatsoever.  Wazz up Marine?

Whatever it is, I want some of those herbs, OK?  

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Doesn't seem the same without sound we can't hear all the horns honking. Looks like a normal drive in most cities in the world which we know its not on most days. We all know why you chose Sunday morning. Well, at least Cebu City driving is better than in Manila.

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Windshield wipers ....... what windshield wipers ..... well if the truth be told I was trying to clean my windshield but the spritzer didn't work ..... this was not to long after we bought the car and the guy before me had no idea what windshield washers were for .... we spent a half day cleaning all the white and in some cases green crap out of the hoses ..... :mocking:

• Like 3

johnb
Posted
Posted

Doesn't seem the same without sound we can't hear all the horns honking. Looks like a normal drive in most cities in the world which we know its not on most days. We all know why you chose Sunday morning. Well, at least Cebu City driving is better than in Manila.

Not just sound , but for the right feel you need to find smellyvision!

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Windshield wipers ....... what windshield wipers ..... well if the truth be told I was trying to clean my windshield but the spritzer didn't work ..... this was not to long after we bought the car and the guy before me had no idea what windshield washers were for .... we spent a half day cleaning all the white and in some cases green crap out of the hoses ..... :mocking:

Hmm......so that's how you bless your new car by blessing the back seat.....he, he.  Anyway, I still want some of

that whacky-tobacky!  

I would assume that you video record your road trips so that you have solid video evidence that you purposely

ran over a pack of dogs, just to test out your suspension?  

Pill-lip-pino dri-bear -- Jake 

Edited by Jake
remove double posting
  • Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Not just sound , but for the right feel you need to find smellyvision!

OK FUSILIER.....tried to google smellyvision but came up zero.  Perhaps you could enlighten us about

smelly vision.  No doubt I'm in for a treat.....he, he.

• Like 2