I Plan To Be In Cebu City In January

mikelab54
Posted
Posted

I need to know where is the place where many expats are livng, affordable and safe area in Cebu city or around. I need at east a one bedroom with a/c. I would like to be close to soem expats to make friends.

Thank you for your input

Curley
Posted
Posted

What do you call affordable? 5,000 10,000 15,000 ? It means different things to different people. If you're in Cebu city you will be near to expats, there are loads of them.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

I shall be there at the same time, first time for 8 years, I'm looking at M Citi Suites Cebu City

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Mike, what are your general interests when you get there? How far outside the city would you be able to deal with? As you know its cheaper and nicer outside Cebu City.

A hotel, condo, pension house or beach resort?

Expats are spread around the city no real enclave majority live.

What is your budget more or less?

brock
Posted
Posted

I shall be there at the same time, first time for 8 years, I'm looking at M Citi Suites Cebu City

Hi Curly, I had booked into m citi suites for 1 night, I then booked into Montebelle Hotel wihich was 3 times as expensive, A very lovely hotel with swimming pool and a beautiful garden, But the rooms were not very good at all, I returned to m citi suites, A small but very nice clean Hotel,With its own cafe, Much better value for the money and just a 2 minute walk to Osmena circle and the night life.

Overall a nice place, Would certainly stay there again.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted

Hi Curly, I had booked into m citi suites for 1 night, I then booked into Montebelle Hotel wihich was 3 times as expensive, A very lovely hotel with swimming pool and a beautiful garden, But the rooms were not very good at all, I returned to m citi suites, A small but very nice clean Hotel,With its own cafe, Much better value for the money and just a 2 minute walk to Osmena circle and the night life.

Overall a nice place, Would certainly stay there again.

Many thanks for that Brock, I'll go ahead and book.

• Like 1

mikelab54
Posted
Posted

Thank you to all for your reply, I plan to live in Cebu for a long while and my budget can be up to 15 000php a month. Can be a condo or a house it doesn't matter. I can deal with 15-30 minutes away from the city.

If you have some suggestions I will appreciate it

Thanks

mikelab54
Posted
Posted

What find affordable is around 15-16000 php a month. Can be a condo or a house and ideally in town or not more thna 15-30minutes out of town.

Thank you for all the replies.

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

Curley,

Since I am in Cebu already and exploring still, I decided to walk to this hotel/circle and use it as an execuse to see the city.

After enduring the sewage, the pollution, noisy transportation (anything that moves), the broken walkways, the beggars etc. I managed to reach this hotel! :bash:

It's 1,250 P a night, basic, cable Internet, laundry service and is 6 floors. It's clean and the price includes breakfast too. There is a shower with the usual electric heater too.

I did take pictures of a sample room claiming they are for a friend :mocking: The last one though is for when you want to take a nap :hystery: :hystery:

All in all, it's clean and not facing the street which means it's less noisy! However, as I always do, I would bring ear plugs and an eye cap with me. These two items can make most sleeps tolerable, incase.

Survival wise, there is McDonald's and Jolliebee close by incase :dance:

Here are the room pics. Now you can't say the hotel staff can do a better job than me? :thumbsup:

Sitting at Bo's coffee shop at Ayala terrace sipping my coffee ..

post-1647-0-22448100-1354002411_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-18410900-1354002433_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-47585700-1354002446_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-64851800-1354002462_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-84379200-1354002472_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-54316400-1354002483_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-75410600-1354002491_thumb.jp

post-1647-0-23380500-1354003040_thumb.jp

Edited by Dr. Cockroach
  • Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Well, that was extremely kind of you. All I need is a simple clean quiet room for about a week and this looks fine. McD and Jollibee are bottom of the food chain for me although I will eat a Jollibee hashbrown burger.