Motorbike And Sidcar

stevewool
Posted
Posted

can you buy one in bohol/cebu , are they made new and are they worth it, would a motorbike be better or even a small truck, what about insurance and is it enough to cover for accidents and claims too

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Dave Houndriver knew a guy above Cebu City that can make you one but by the time you buy the bike and have him adapt it for you it wasn't cheap .... if I remember .... :cheersty:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

That was to have the motorcycle rebuilt into a trike with a very large seating area, Mike. The regular sidecars are fabricated all over and for cheap, but they only seat 4 malnourished filipinos or one foreigner. The rebuilt one would seat 3 or 4 foreigners.

If anyone was seriously interested in paying a large sum for the very nice, plastic rattan covered trikes, then they could meet me in Cebu and I could show them where. I plan to come to Cebu to renew my visa next week so just pick me up and pay the taxi fare to Tayud Liloan and I'll show you where the fabricate them.

Or get BruceWayne to go with you. I think he was with me when I talked to the dude but he may not remember.

Edit: These are pics of what the guy fabricates. Prices are fair but not cheap. Its a private filipino entrepreneur working out of his own shop.

(Note stupid forum settings. I am not allowed to hotlink to my gallery on this forum so you will have to follow these links to see pics)

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I still like that trike Dave ...... and with a 250 or 300cc engine it would be bitch'in ...... thanks for the pictures again ..... :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I like that trike too but when you have to supply the motorcycle, which will be consumed in the reno, and pay an additional 90K pesos for the conversion, (going from memory here), it adds up to the price of a multicab I'd think which explains why there are not many of them running around. Would be quite a novelty in another province like Bohol but I do not know about the registration and how that would work.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
(Note stupid forum settings. I am not allowed to hotlink to my gallery on this forum so you will have to follow these links to see pics)

Silly ideas and never bothering to learn how to do things is the same result as stupid forum.

post-1-0-23936600-1354374167_thumb.jpg post-1-0-93368200-1354374164_thumb.jpg

:bash: 1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif1%20(103).gif

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

can you buy one in bohol/cebu , are they made new and are they worth it, would a motorbike be better or even a small truck, what about insurance and is it enough to cover for accidents and claims too

You can find second hand trikes (and sometimes new ones) at sulit and ayosdito,

but LOOK UP! Most of the used trikes there have been driven hard in transport businesses, so they are seldom worth buying second hand,

BUT you can check pawn shops and repossessed e g

http://www.asialinkfinance.com.ph/ (Click Products > Repossessed)

They can have rather new second hand ones for sale.

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

A brand new trike of 150cc together with the side car will cost you around 80-100k pesos. Same price as a multicab.

Trike you get all the dust and rain in your face plus more dangerous to body injuries in a small accident.

Buy a multicab.

As for the insurance, buy the cheapest one, comprehensive with participation of 10-15k from your side. That means any damage up to 10-15k you pay it from your pocket and they pay anything else more than that. If you find a non participation insurance then the cost is way higher and i doubt if it worth it when owning a multicab or a trike.

• Like 2

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

A motorbike with a side car is a tricycle.

Tricycles are banned in Cebu City.

Not sure if the ban extends to privately owned tricycles not carrying paying passengers.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have seen a trike like this in Cebu city.Trike_Chopper-ps.jpg I'm not going to tell him he's banned from driving it in Cebu City. You tell him he's banned.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver