Current Visa But Forgot To Leave The Philippines After 18 Months

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the only time I have heard of this happening with a valid visa was a 13a in which the wife died or they became legally separated in which case the guy was supposed to go back on his tourist visa

Thats exactly what happened the time I was talking about in this quote.

I have actually heard of that happening. When the man I am thinking of went back to the official who made the mistake he was able to get an exit clearance and took a trip to Hong Kong and back. He is now a legitimate tourist again

It worked out fine and he is a tourist now.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

ok thanks for ur time but as a reminder my visa is current because is seems like thnoncurrent visa ownerse info u included in ur message seems aimed at expats with visa that are not current. i will have to make plans to visit another immigration officer and be prepared to exit the country asap, but for how long is in question since i'm currently renting a house. thanks again

You can get a flight with Cebu pacific to Hong kong and then come back and get a new tourist visa.I have heard that you have to stay out of the country for 24 hrs so have a look around HK island .The flights can be got for as little as peso1800 plus taxes. I know a good pub over there with good food and the manager Colin is very friendly and helpful he also has a Phills wife.It` best to sort these things out sooner rather than later.

Jim Sibbick
Posted
Posted

hi.........i have a problem. my visa is current but i forgot to leave the philippines after the aloted 18 months.and to make matters worse it has been quite a while. i just would like to know the penalty so i can make plans if it is harsh. thanks for ur time.

mike

Your whole set of replies makes no sense to me. Have you been in the Philippines 3 years now?

In any case, the fine is P510 motion for consideration plus P500 per month over stay plus all the extensions you should have paid plus all the express lane fees you would have paid plus a letter explaining the overstay plus an interview with a senior immigration official to explain the overstay at which time it would be a good idea to say sorry sorry sorry. If the overstay is considered serious enough, you will be blacklisted.

Otherwise, If you are still paid up to date with your extensions, just keep extending until they tell you to leave.

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

I really see NO problems. I had been getting my extension regularly for nearly two years. Then they told me ooops you must show an outbound ticket .... I did ...they extend my visa again for only 1 month and then I left , came back and started over again.

Had to get and ECC as hound driver alluded. I have never heard that you have to leave in 18 months. I think its two years. Its pretty fluid though. Which immigration office will you visit.

Edited by samatm

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I really see NO problems. I had been getting my extension regularly for nearly two years. Then they told me ooops you must show an outbound ticket .... I did ...they extend my visa again for only 1 month and then I left , came back and started over again.

Had to get and ECC as hound driver alluded. I have never heard that you have to leave in 18 months. I think its two years. Its pretty fluid though. Which immigration office will you visit.

mefrmrdic

Please read what it says on the bottom of your Email. samatm did not get your reply, only I did. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought it was only 16 months as well until I looked it up. Apparently - and only if you go to the main office and main office only - it is possible that you can get another extension to put you to the 24 month limit. After that it's hit the bricks and leave the country - in other words.... Visa Run!

Edited by I am bob
  • Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

From the Bureau of Immigration web site:

"What is the maximum extension of stay that can be granted?

Foreigners holding temporary visitors visa pursuant to Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 and aliens admitted under E.O. 408 may extend their stay in the Philippines every 2 months for a total stay of 16 months. Extension of stay after16 months, up to 24 months need the approval of the Chief of the Immigration Regulation Division. Extension of stay after 24 months need the approval of the Commissioner. (MCL Memorandum dated 31 July 2007)."

http://immigration.g...d=207&Itemid=37

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike!

I had looked that up on my phone while I was out and then didn't have the time to look it up again so I just posted as I did.

And I realized I had put 18months on my last post rather than the correct time of 16 months - now corrected.

• Like 1

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

My suggestion-& I think Jim, who is a local expert on these matters will agree-is: DON'T OVERSTAY YOUR VISA. It is easy enough to renew it & keep it current. Yes, you can let it go & pay the fines when you are leaving. But if somehow you run afoul of the police or the powers that be, you are an illegal alien & at their mercy for big fines, bribes, or even at risk of being deported as an undseirable alien.

• Like 3