La Maison Rose

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Where that restaruant is located is also the a

alliance Francaise. You can take French lessons there, or you Canadians can brush up on your French for those visits to Quebec.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
nigelmac
Posted
Posted

Thought this may interest a few people on here,

I recently heard about a relatively new restaurant here in Cebu City, locally talked about as the pink house, this french restaurant is located very close to Lahug just a short distance from the Mormon temple, it is an old house set back from the main road in its own grounds with ample parking. Many people I know have been there and the reports coming back have all been good. We went there this evening and were not disappointed, we had an excellent evening!

Having spent 20 years in France I will note this address down I may need it from time to time thanks Geoff

• Like 1

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I have been to Maison Rose 2x & both times it was good. Even  met the chef, saw  him walj by & chatted with him in French, yes they have a  chef from France there. You Canadans will have an advantage over me, speking near perfect French & all....

• Like 1

nigelmac
Posted
Posted

This is probably a liitle bit off topic but is there a big frenchie community in Cebu or in the Philippines in general?

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
ahoy53
Posted
Posted

I have only met one Frenchman in my travels to the philippines

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

One died in Bacolod last year. Mike S posted it as it was his neighbour, I believe.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yes agree its nice....how ever for me the best all round restaurant is Circa1900 see my earlier post. Consistently fantastic.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

On my second day in my hotel in Davao, I got talking to a young woman from France. She said there are a lot of French backpackers but only a small number live here year round that she knows about.

Edited by I am bob