Is The Pinay As Family Oreinted As They Say?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Lets not forget though, the PI has a law about caring for parents, I have lost mine now BUT I would have cared for them longer, had they lived. cared for them out of Love, Not because some Law said I HAD too

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

My ex wife (in the west) came from a family where her mother abandoned her (them) when she was still in a crib and she was raised by her father and a series of relatives and girl friends. Her family is not extremely close.

My current partner (in the Philippines) comes from a family where her mother abandoned her (them) when she was still in a crib and she was raised by her father and a series of relatives and girl friends. Her family is not extremely close.

I'm seeing that families are the same, or not, wherever we go. Perhaps we are seeing the filipino families as closer units because we are mostly coming from broken family units? In my case I am mildly worried that I am attracted to a girl with the same family background as my ex. That is not the only similarity either. But I do think that the similarities are all things I am happy with and not the things I hated.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I'm seeing that families are the same, or not, wherever we go. Perhaps we are seeing the filipino families as closer units because we are mostly coming from broken family units? In my case I am mildly worried that I am attracted to a girl with the same family background as my ex. That is not the only similarity either. But I do think that the similarities are all things I am happy with and not the things I hated.

Yes, you better - perhaps not worry - but think of it when chosing. Relation habbit types are often furthered to following generations.

(E g in my family we have almost no divorces, I mean caused by my blood related, but a few have kicked out/been left by cheating partners. I suppose depending much of we never cheat and don't give up relations as easy as many do :unsure: Even my cousin MEN stayed with the children, when wife left. The only exception is a half divorce depended of blood related. (=After some years they agreed they didn't suit, which wasn't odd, because my cousin is a common worker and he married one rather much older, and one of the most powerful - but not rich :) - Swedish women.)

(My family is very close compared to average westerners, but less close than many Filipin families. We live in own houses, NOT beside each other, but we have contact rather often.)