• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Congratulations!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The day has finally arrived!!! Tommarrow we fliy from LAX to begin our new life in the Philippines. On my next post i can proudly identify myself as an EXPAT!!!!! :cheersty:

Can we call you Mr Expat? :) Wish I was you and feeling what you are now. Anyone else ever remember their feelings just before flying off to a new life?

• Like 2

volstateguy
Posted
Posted

Congrats Scott! I know you have been looking forward to this day for a long time. Nothing but good days ahead of you now.

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

wish you best of luck . let the rest of us newbies know what its like

joeatmanila
Posted
Posted

Be strong on the frustrations of the first months or year!!!! Welcome!!!

Will
Posted
Posted

Congrats, Scott.

We found out yesterday our date of departure has been moved up significantly. So, the stress level has shot up accordingly and there is lots o' yellin' going on around our house. We should be on a plane before the end of this month! I better give those "things to do" posts a second perusing. =0

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

The day has finally arrived!!! Tommarrow we fliy from LAX to begin our new life in the Philippines. On my next post i can proudly identify myself as an EXPAT!!!!! :cheersty:

Can we call you Mr Expat? :) Wish I was you and feeling what you are now. Anyone else ever remember their feelings just before flying off to a new life?

My first vivid memory coming back to PI was the moment I stepped off the air conditioned plane.

It was like stepping into an oven with people everywhere, like nuts to butts.....he, he.

As a Filipino, all my senses was on high alert, especially my nose, smelling the early morning

bakery goodies and the strong pungent odor of strange spices and dead fish in various levels

of decay.

Scott being a formal US Army soldier can and will adjust to his new environment. As far as all

the eye candy (especially in the Mall of Asia), it's definitely a target enrich environment...he, he.

Yeah, they got you scoped out too and your temptation will be tested -- Jake

• Like 1

nor cal mike
Posted
Posted

Best of luck Scott, I sincerely hope you enjoy your nw life, looking forward to joining you soon.

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Good luck with your new life Scott. Keep us posted on how things are going for you.