Math Question For A Visa.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

When I return, I am planning to stay for 87 days. Day 1 is the day I arrive in Manila. Day 87 is the day I fly out of Manila.

So, I have 21 days, then before that 21st day, I get an extention which takes me to day 59. Before the 59th day I get another extention takes me to day 89.

Am I correct? I should have a 2 day window in case of flight delay issues or kidnapping or other delay?

Or has any new rules come into effect that will change the math?

Can I get / pay for BOTH extentions at the same time? As it is now I have to ride 55 miles or so 1 way to the immigration officer.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

When I return, I am planning to stay for 87 days. Day 1 is the day I arrive in Manila. Day 87 is the day I fly out of Manila.

So, I have 21 days, then before that 21st day, I get an extention which takes me to day 59. Before the 59th day I get another extention takes me to day 89.

Am I correct? I should have a 2 day window in case of flight delay issues or kidnapping or other delay?

Or has any new rules come into effect that will change the math?

Can I get / pay for BOTH extentions at the same time? As it is now I have to ride 55 miles or so 1 way to the immigration officer.

I think your math is correct but if it were me I would lay out the dates/days in a spreadsheet to double check myself! I'm anal on that type of stuff! I'm going for my first 59 day extension on Thursday.

I'm fairly certain you have to go back a second time to get the extra 30 days. Here is a link to the FAQ on extensions:

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=207&Itemid=37

Bruce
Posted
Posted

OK. I sent the BI an email asking about the 2 extensions at one visit question.

• Like 1

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Good luck on getting a response to your e mail. Usually takes an in person visit to get any answers

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
Good luck on getting a response to your e mail. Usually takes an in person visit to get any answers

I had sent a number of emails to a Philippine government agency without a single response. After meeting with a supervisor about a year later, I asked why the agency never responded. The supervisor explained that they get thousands of emails and it would take too much personnel time. Now get this, "Most of the emails were trying to send me information." My guess is their government employee webmaster failed to add a spam filter. The officers and supervisory personnel, whose pictures and email addresses appears on the agency's website, were innundated with junk email.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

They will talk to you on the phone you know :unsure:

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

math check 21 + 59 += 80? at the end of 21 you can get 2 months extenstion. So you will need another extension for the 7 days. Remember you can usually find agents who will take care of your extension if you dont want to hassle with transpo etc.. just to get it. Or take your chances at the airport and pay a the extention and a fine. (not sure what this is ) By departure you will only be 7 days over . Every thing is fluid. Ask the immigration officer upon arrival and he/she will let you know what needs to be done.

Edited by samatm

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
math check 21 + 59 += 80? at the end of 21 you can get 2 months extenstion.

No, the first extension is 38 days, so 21 + 38 = 59. The next one after that is for 1 or 2 months, depending on your need.

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=118&Itemid=43

I'm going for my first 2 month extension tomorrow.

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted
math check 21 + 59 += 80? at the end of 21 you can get 2 months extenstion.

No, the first extension is 38 days, so 21 + 38 = 59. The next one after that is for 1 or 2 months, depending on your need.

http://immigration.g...d=118&Itemid=43

I'm going for my first 2 month extension tomorrow.

o

I stand corrected . the link is very clear. Thanks. I ws not used ot getting a first time and 2nd time extension. It was Always.. "one or two months sir?"

Assuming you are from a Visa Free country could you not from your own home country's PI consulate get a multiple entry 59 day visa ? That would help Business travelers like myself who sometimes don't have to travel on Business every 21 days. I contatcted the HK consulate and they wont give me a multiple entry visa on the first request.. but maybe on the 2nd.

brock
Posted
Posted

Just get a second 2 month extension then you will be covered for sure...Also a travel agency will collect it for you to save you going yourself