Second Hand Home Things

Thomas
Posted
Posted

(I better make an own topic of this.)

Spent around p40,000 the first time with fridge and all (borrowed A/C from uncle) and under p10,000 this time. That first one though includes no bed frame or other such luxury.

I know people sell home things private*, when they move abroad, but have you or anyone else found any second hand furniture store or such in Phili? (I mean washable things as e g bookshelfes, table...)

In rich countries it's easy to find good second hand things cheap, because many switch things before they realy need, but I guess Filipins only sell things - instead of give to family - if have to get money. Here in my home country I have bought rather nice furniture for just the price of the wood raw material, but I guess I will get problem finding many such bargins in Phili.

I know some things can be found in e g sulit and ayosdito classifieds, even a few bargin panic rush sales, but that's few things. Anyone knowing some place where they have much to chose from, so don't need to travel so much to fill a house?

Any pawn shops selling furniture? Any auction houses?

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

thomas try looking on ebay philippines regards lyno

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

thomas try looking on ebay philippines regards lyno

I have found clasifieds, but that mean need going around much. I look for places having many things as second hand stores, auctions or such, which have many things to chose from in ONE same place.

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Thomas, You can find lots of things in Colon

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas, You can find lots of things in Colon

Which of Colon?

Filipins seem to have a habbit to name even several places same, perhaps to confuse us kanos. They have even named at least three places after me :santa_smiley:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

When you Look for 2nd hand goods, sometimes the prices they are asking , is not worth the risk,as the item is older,

Better to buy new.on some items.

TRY a TREASURE HUNT on the items you seek xmas_girl%20(1).gif and report back on how it turned out.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

When you Look for 2nd hand goods, sometimes the prices they are asking , is not worth the risk,as the item is older,

Better to buy new.on some items.

TRY a TREASURE HUNT on the items you seek xmas_girl%20(1).gif and report back on how it turned out.

Yes, that's a problem in Phili, because of not so many good items will be available at the second hand market as in rich countries. (=Few items available plus higher prices asked.) That's why I asked if anyone know any such shop or such :santa_smiley:

I will surely need to do some treasure hunting after I have moved there (and after build a house) but good if someone know where to look :santa_smiley: so I don't need to check places, which only sell other things. (E g I saw a pawn shop giving loans with only motorbikes as the security. No point looking for furniture there :santa_smiley:

brock
Posted
Posted

Go downtown Thomas

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Go downtown Thomas

What Brock means if you were in Cebu, then that's where you find Colon which is a down town area. People forget that members live in other parts of the Philippines or inquire about more than just Cebu especially if they just got married and have other things on their mind.

Just to add; it does not help if people ask questions which relate to the area they live without stating it.

:lol:

• Like 2

brock
Posted
Posted

:thumbsup: