Airphilexpress To Hong Kong

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the review! This type of review is very helpful to everyone!

In my opinion, Cebu Pacific is the Philippine equivalent of Ryan Air - and that is far from being a complement!

I will never fly on Ryan air. They have pushed the envelope for extra fees, and the other airlines wait to see what they can get away with, then follow in line. Cebu Pacific is apparently one of those following their lead.

I'm flying CP today for the first time, Clark to Cebu. I'll let you know how it goes.

The worst is not even having complimentary water to distribute. With Air Phil You get the feeling that they do value your business and will treat you like paying passenger including some handouts (not much - a sack of cookies and 3n1 coffee and hot water)...but its the thought that counts.

On the Victory Liner Deluxe bus to Baguio, you get 3 across seating, water and a snack cake, and if you like, a free to borrow tablet pc to browse the free Wifi. All for p710. Apples to oranges, yes, but just sayin!!!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
I will say next time I would rather pay a little more & not take a red eye flight.

But that is the beauty of AirPhil express. Morning flights at the same price as CP

Right its a much better schedule. Currently its afternoon at 1530 departure and 1930 return from HK.

Perhaps that is flying from Manila or Clark? I fly from Cebu so I checked the sched for Jan to see whats changed. I am a bit disappointed because the flight I took last April was a 10 am flight and now they leave 3 days a week in the middle of the night, example:

Fri Jan 25 has a flight leaving Cebu for Hong Kong at 0345, arriving at 0635

Coming back on Monday would be leaving Hong Kong at 7:25 PM, arriving Cebu at 10:15 PM which is really not bad.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver

Markham
Posted
Posted
In my opinion, Cebu Pacific is the Philippine equivalent of Ryan Air - and that is far from being a complement!

I will never fly on Ryan air. They have pushed the envelope for extra fees, and the other airlines wait to see what they can get away with, then follow in line. Cebu Pacific is apparently one of those following their lead.

One of Ryan Air's less popular money-making wheezes is that they require you to print-out your Boarding Passes before arriving at the airport to check-in. In fact these have no value whatsoever and are exchanged at the check-in desk for the actual Boarding Pass but fail to produce your printed ones and they fine you fifty pounds per passenger! What's worse is that their web site only allows Boarding Passes to be printed for flights within the next ten days or so, so if you're away for a two-week vacation you need to remember to get internet access before you return or face being fined.

You may have read that Ryan Air is removing the seats from some of its aircraft to provide standing-only flights.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
You may have read that Ryan Air is removing the seats from some of its aircraft to provide standing-only flights.

Is this a fact or a rehash of an old idea?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The Guardian, Tuesday 28 February 2012 16.51 GMT

Ryanair plan for standing-only plane tickets foiled by regulator . . .

10 months ago

samatm
Posted
Posted

One thing that CEBU pac is doing right is giving you the option to have an overpirced rice lunchbox hot meal on international flights. I have opted in 3 times. I probably wouldn't if I was paying as its not that good. but the meals are ok if you stick with Japanese Curry and Rendang. Just bring your own packet of soy or other spices as the fare is rather bland.

samatm
Posted
Posted
I will say next time I would rather pay a little more & not take a red eye flight.

But that is the beauty of AirPhil express. Morning flights at the same price as CP

Right its a much better schedule. Currently its afternoon at 1530 departure and 1930 return from HK.

Perhaps that is flying from Manila or Clark? I fly from Cebu so I checked the sched for Jan to see whats changed. I am a bit disappointed because the flight I took last April was a 10 am flight and now they leave 3 days a week in the middle of the night, example:

Fri Jan 25 has a flight leaving Cebu for Hong Kong at 0345, arriving at 0635

Coming back on Monday would be leaving Hong Kong at 7:25 PM, arriving Cebu at 10:15 PM which is really not bad.

sorry to hear they are changing their schedule for the departing flight. The return flight time fit my schedule to put in full day of work and make it to the airport. Here is link to all of Airphils schedule both Domestic and International.

http://www.airphilexpress.com/uploads/pdf/DFS12-20-12.pdf

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

The Guardian, Tuesday 28 February 2012 16.51 GMT

Ryanair plan for standing-only plane tickets foiled by regulator . . .

10 months ago

Yes indeed that attempt was foiled, Dave, but that's not the point. Michael O'Leary will continue to seek ways to exact as many Euros/Pounds from his customers as he possibly can. At some stage in the future he will try again to introduce "pay-per-pee" and have standing-room only sections on his aircraft. He may even re-attempt to carry passengers in the cargo holds - another wheeze which fell foul of the regulators.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

One thing that CEBU pac is doing right is giving you the option to have an overpirced rice lunchbox hot meal on international flights. I have opted in 3 times. I probably wouldn't if I was paying as its not that good. but the meals are ok if you stick with Japanese Curry and Rendang. Just bring your own packet of soy or other spices as the fare is rather bland.

Are you sure that meal doesn't originate from Jolibee? All in-flight catering for the crew comes from that chain.

• Like 1