Arrival May 2013

i am bob
Posted
Posted

There are so many answers and so many variables! I would suggest you take some time and read some of the older posts. You are missing out on a lot of good info that will educate you on what you need to know! And this will also help you plan out on where you want to live, where to visit, get your idea of a budget started (or at least what it will take to live the lifestyle you want) and what you can and cannot afford. Some people want an apartment, others a house or condo. Did you know you can own a condo but you will never be able to own a house? What kind of visa will you need? What if you meet a girl and decide to move in together? What if she was married before? Are you going to jail? Why is she going to jail? Get her a divorce? Can't happen here. See what I mean about there is a lot of information you are missing out on by not reading the older posts first?

• Like 1

Dontrunup
Posted
Posted

No chasing girls those days are long gone.. And my dog is an inside dog she's like 14 lbs tops. But I will read the post from earlier topics and a girlfriend would be nice but I'm not a skirt chaser.... That's the reason I'm leaving the states divorce is over and time for me to be free. The last thing I want is another marriage or girlfriend

• Like 2

Dontrunup
Posted
Posted

For me it's all about life now women are there I do not want to be labeled as an AMERICAN seeking some typos of sex world like I've read and that's horrible. I want to live there and give back maybe teach English who knows . But I knows it's a poverty stricken and I'm there to live life not disrespect the people.

• Like 3

Dontrunup
Posted
Posted

I've been reading the post here, compared to the ones Ive read just by performing a google search. And the big question is how much will it cost to live here ???? And yes it does vary what I've gotten from this forum is people here are enjoying there lives living in peace. Not partying or throwing up inappropriate links to leisure tours!!! If I'm there to live a peaceful life with my dog and just enjoy where I'm at . I can live on 1500$ US a month no problem so I guess to answer the question IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU CAME TO THE PHILLIPINES FOR!!! I've also read here how individuals have had great experiences and love it there !!!! I've also seen other post on different sites very negative. I think IMO some Americans get a little confused that's not out country some things are just how it's going to be.. Lol But if you conduct yourself like a good moral person seems to me there is no reason why I couldn't live there and have peace. People are there for there own reasons I'm gong there because I need to focus on me. So this forum has been very helpful to me and I'm still set on making this journey I can adapt anywhere!!!

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

With your attitude you will do fine wherever you choose to settle. You can live on your budget just fine. Like everyone else you must adapt your spending to your budget but from what you write the amount is adequate.

Enjoy your time in Philippines. Its more fun here. :xmas_girl (1):

Dontrunup
Posted
Posted

I'm ready to go this summer and would like to move to bogo city and if that's not recommend someone can suggest another city for me. But I'm coming to live as an American with a Filipino outlook if that makes sense !!! Meaning respect there culture and my dog and I will walk the beaches or the province we live in and spend the rest of our lives in peace that's my plan. I would like to correspond with someone who's there meet with me in June when I come for a 2 week visit and help me set up. Return pack my clothes and get my dog my car ill send for later or sell it either way not important !!!!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I'm ready to go this summer and would like to move to bogo city and if that's not recommend someone can suggest another city for me. But I'm coming to live as an American with a Filipino outlook if that makes sense !!

I've heard good things about living in Bogo. As to the second sentence that makes sense if you have spent time living in a poor country or on an American Indian reservation. That would give you a feel for this kind of life.

Dontrunup
Posted
Posted

I'm coming out of a 17 year marriage and divorce is the worse mental stress on a person. Maybe just for me either way I'm 38 and the next 17 years I want to be peaceful and meaningful!!! Maybe ill find a nice filipina if not that's ok also just want a new scene and I'm willing to adapt to life somewhere else . Not to mention I've served both Army and Airforce I'm trained to adapt to any situation !!! Lets make trip scout out my new land and come back and pack up

• Like 1