What Do You Show Your Visitors?

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've thought about it some more and think that IF someone were to visit me I would HAVE to take them to somewhere I have not been but want to go. Right now that would be Moalboal for snorkeling.

I have gone to Alcoy, Central Visayas, Philippines beach for the day... great time. Put "Alcoy, Central Visayas, Philippines" into Google Maps and it will show you just where, or click this http://goo.gl/maps/jtDkn. About 2 hours (95km) south of Cebu City. They had some shelters on the beach to rent, but get there early as there aren't very many. I'm not talking about the resorts either... these were next door.

There were fishermen that came in with their catch and we had a raw fish dish for a snack. We took a roasted pig with us and got fresh coconut while there. Our group numbered about 20. Snorkeling was great, but the cheapy setups we bought at the mall were crap. Finding a place to rent good snorkel equip is recommended. When I stuck my head underwater.... WoW!!!! Lots of fish to watch and about a ??? meter dropoff 10 meters from shore; could not see the bottom, just a ledge 12 meters down, then nothing. :dance:

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 3