Buying Your Place

stevewool
Posted
Posted

yes we are not going yet but it does not stop me planning and looking also, i was on this site yesterday just looking at lots , houses, cars all the stuff you do when you are bored and i came across this add, a lot and house for sale in panglao, looks nice the priced seemed ok too but on the outside wall there was a painted phils flag one side of the door and the other a flag from sweden too, just made me think are you on here who ever you are

tiger31
Posted
Posted

thomas i believe our intrepid poster from sweden lol

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Along with the topic of buying your place comes the idea of paying for it. Those of us on a fixed income wonder how the rest of you do it. Any tips, other than save all your life and pour it into a dream home.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

well paying for it you are part right, the best plan is to save like you say, but it helps if you have a house that is yours here in the land you call home at the moment, like i have said in many threads our future plans is to be over there in bohol and live according to my means, i have a budget like everyone else does, yes i could go a little higher if the place is everything i want it to be, but like many have said before why buy when you can rent,the price i have in mind for the place would be 3 million peso,some may laugh at that amount saying cant be done but others may say great,what is one mans plan is anothers mans dream, some will never make that dream,you say about pouring money into the dream well yes i am as long as i know there will be enough left for Emma once i have gone my dream will have happened, you cant take what you have earned, slaved over with you so enjoy it, remember once i have paid for the lot or paying each month i too will be on a fixed income, whether it will be enough who knows when the time comes, but i will make sure i will give it a go

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

thomas i believe our intrepid poster from sweden lol

when i said i was on this site i ment i was looking at another site sulitt i think its called sorry to have mislead who ever reads my post
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the price i have in mind for the place would be 3 million peso,some may laugh at that amount saying cant be done but others may

One member just said he did build a house for under that budget. I know there are very nice places available for that but . . location location location.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

you are right location is more to me then anything else, Emma would love to be close to the family but there is close and to close, plus i am not keen on there place , dasmarinas and marikina, yes we could live closer like tagatay but i cannot afford anything around there, so at this moment bohol seems to be ticking all the boxes, the next thing is where in bohol and will it be safe, this is where i struggle being safe, you see some beautiful places open views and lots of land but my wife keeps on coming back, we could be killed or robbed, plus if its that good why has not anyone else brought it, well it does keep me busy looking

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
where in bohol and will it be safe

You are right to be concerned if you are buying. Bohol is as safe as anywhere but what if there is a gang of hoodlums living in the place next door. Maybe thats why someone would be wanting to sell it cheap. I would be very cautious buying in an area that I did not know really well.

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Along with the topic of buying your place comes the idea of paying for it. Those of us on a fixed income wonder how the rest of you do it. Any tips, other than save all your life and pour it into a dream home.

thats why i,m keeping my house in u.k i,m using that house for income to live here or should i say buy here i,m using the money to buy a wee place not to flashy just in case i,m not happy so i wont lose to much money plus it takes a long time to find a buyer in some cases .This place is,nt like the u.k where if you buy a house then you decide you want to move sell up and buy another its far more difficut here .All I will say is if you sell up back home lock stock and barrel make sure you find the right place to put down as once you have dumped all your money here thats it lol .
  • Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

don't build or buy what you can't walk away from, can your wife our gf keep up a house in that amount if you are no longer around, think about it, giving someone something over their means is not helping, you may think so at the time, but this is the Philippines, unless you leave the funds to keep up the life style they lived with you, you have done more harm than good

• Like 3