Don,t Forget To Check Your Smoke Alarm Batteries

sjp52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Should do it at least once a year. My battery was missing. Shame on me. Dam kids

Edited by sjp52
  • Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I wonder what is the % of people in the Philippines (including foreigners) who have smoke alarms?

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

The place we live in now has a built in alarm system ...... not sure if it works or not ..... but when we move smoke detectors are on our list to buy ..... we already bought a front and back door alarm ... in the 130dB's ..... we would have bought a couple of smoke detectors too except they wouldn't open the package to let me hear the sound until AFTER I bought them ..... no way Jose` ......

Another very good hint is if you have a balcony on the 2nd floor do yourself a favor and but a rope ladder or at least a good thick rope with knots tied in it ...... if the smoke alarm wakes you up and you can't get downstairs to get out your in a world of sh** ....... for you young spry guys in good shape you can try your luck jumping out the window but us old over weight farts need another alternative .... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: ....... (of course don't leave the ladder or rope hanging from the rail all the time or you will have uninvited guests sleeping in your bed .... :thumbsup: ..... :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
wonder what is the % of people in the Philippines (including foreigners) who have smoke alarms?

Mike i am one of them who has one, maybe 1 of the few,

1st in my list of things to buy when i 1st arrived

for you young spry guys in good shape you can try your luck jumping out the window but us old over weight farts need another alternative

Just curious who do you mean of US OVER WEIGHT FARTS? :nudie:

Yes some of us may not be able to jump from 2nd floor.

thats why I have taught myself&child how to do the LOW CRAWL to prepare in case. its not the FIRE that kills but the SMOKE.

:thumbsup: thanks for the topic start SJP52 :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Curley
Posted
Posted
Another very good hint is if you have a balcony on the 2nd floor do yourself a favor and buy a rope ladder or at least a good thick rope with knots tied in it .

Fix a very good hook into the ceiling of the balcony, it's far easier to get "mounted" from there than with the rope tied to the balcony rail.

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

reminds me i have to move 1 of mine, everytime Ems fries smelling fish and smokes the house out the alarm keeps going off

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

reminds me i have to move 1 of mine, everytime Ems fries smelling fish and smokes the house out the alarm keeps going off

Hmmm......that's funny. My wife Judy uses the smoke alarm as a timer. When activated, her cooking

is done, like over done......he, he.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Remind me of mounting mine. I have a bounch laying in a box since 20 years, so I don't believe the batteries functions :hystery:

(I have delayed it, because of similiar cooking problem, plus a wood fire heater I have in reserve.)

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

another year has past and time to REFRESH ourselves 

:photo-109:

HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR SMOKE ALARM BATTERIES?

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Good advice. I wonder how many in this country have smoke alarms and a basic, small fire extinguisher. A very low percentage I'll bet.