What Sappy Things Have You Done?

stevewool
Posted
Posted

While still doing the video chat/chat/email thing from the USA I wrote a 5 page letter declaring my love, perspective & possibilities for the future to my girl. I scanned it into the computer and emailed the pages to her and kept the originals to carry with me to read to her in person after my arrival.

I never did read it to her; she actually read it to me recently... and has the originals safely tucked away somewhere. The warm hand-written touch was much better than a cold email.

As long as I'm sharing... here it is. This was 2 typed pages and 5 hand-written on stationery paper. First page had religious artwork and the other 4 had hearts & flowers.

-------------------------

My Lovely Taring, Taring Date 13 March 2012 (I always dated and timed things by her time)

I have read the letter you sent to me several times and enjoy it now as much as the first time. Hopefully I will not wear it out before my arrival on 19 April. Your expression and descriptions in the letter make me feel as though I have already been there; they are what I was drawn to the first few times that we chatted. You are the positive romantic that I have looked for all my life.

Just 37 days until we can each enjoy the other and your world together. We can make new memories in old places for you and new places for me. I am looking forward to seeing the places you call home and meeting all of your family.

Do not wonder how we could come so far in so short a time because we really have not. I have gone back and read our chats from November and December of last year and can clearly see the progression of feelings. The only thing that happened quickly was that on 19 February I finally admitted to you how I felt. That I am hopelessly and forever in love with Taring.

The song Forevermore expresses my feelings for you in the best possible way. I REALLY love that song. I would like for us to call it OUR song. It is my song for you already, and it makes my entire day excellent when you sing it for me. ;-)

So why am I writing this letter? I appreciate the letter that you sent me so much because your effort and caring are evident in the words you chose and the careful lettering. It is my hope that you will feel the same about this letter. I want you to know that I care so much for you my love that the only gift fitting is one that money cannot buy, my heart forevermore.

I also want you to know that when we had our first chat on 9 November I was immediately taken with you. For many reasons I pretty much kept that to myself…. At least I tried to; you are the judge of how successful I was. ;-) As we continued to chat each one of my reasons to keep my distance from you were eliminated one by one, taking down the wall that I had built around my heart.

When you arrive here in the US we have the world of possibilities before us and I look forward eagerly to sharing all the great sites and times ahead. I want to personally show you such amazing sites as the Grand Canyon, Redwood Forests with 300+ foot trees, Rocky Mountains, places with 3000 foot cliffs, hot springs, swamps and so much more. I suppose I’ll let my family meet you as well, even though I prefer not to share you.

For now I will close. I look forward to our next chat eagerly for no matter how much time we spend there it is always interesting, fun & I get the privilege of learning a little more about you.

You’re all I need to be with forevermore.

ALL my LOVE

Greg Ory

===============

Is that sappy enough bob??? I have MORE. :-kiss: :kidding:

you could sell that as a best seller
  • Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

just have to add this nothing to do with this thread but a very nice picture of you Jake

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

right i have to say sorry to the others on here about this DOG HOUSE, yes i know what a in the dog house is and ment but with so many people from differant parts of this world it could have ment something i did not understand, i thought it ment a crapper, the only safe place in my house to be alone,also the word SAPPY, again sorry but reading more i understand what it means , here in deepest darkest engalnd we say sloppy, you see i have to ask these silly things to you because some may take offence if its took the wrong way

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

right i have to say sorry to the others on here about this DOG HOUSE, yes i know what a in the dog house is and ment but with so many people from differant parts of this world it could have ment something i did not understand, i thought it ment a crapper, the only safe place in my house to be alone,also the word SAPPY, again sorry but reading more i understand what it means , here in deepest darkest engalnd we say sloppy, you see i have to ask these silly things to you because some may take offence if its took the wrong way

No need to apologize Steve......I assume sappy meant a tree with a lot of sap....he, he. Many things about

this international forum is learning and appreciating all the different English slang. I have to remember the

words crapper and sloppy that I could use in the future. I'm sure the Aussies have more colorful words to

describe being in the dog house.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3