Smartbro Smtp Outgoing Mail Server Settings

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Using Smartbro for a wireless connection and I am having troubles sending (outgoing) mail using Thunderbird mail.

I have tried the SMTP settings that Smartbro says to use (via the internet) smtp.smartbro.net with port 25. DOES NOT WORK.

Port 587 DOES NOT WORK.

https://webmail.smartbro.net/help/faq-doc2.htm

I have scoured the internet for a solution and cannot find one...

Every setting suggested, via the internet, is not working for me.

Then I came across a posting that says Smartbro no longer supports or uses SMTP outgoing mail settings?

I tried to call Smartbro and ask them directly....but the man I spoke to was clueless and put me on hold for over 10 minutes while he tried to find the solution.

Amazing that the CSR who answered the support line phone did not know this very basic question about mail settings.

The bottom line is I still cannot send mail using the Thunderbird mail program.

Frustrated in Mindoro!!

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Who is your email provider? Perhaps they support outgoing email. Most common method is support for authenticated SMTP by your email provider.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I use SmartBro and I use Globe Tattoo. But the settings for my email are linked to Gmail. Do you use GMail? you can link that to your Thunderbird and it does not matter who your provider is. If you don't use it then get it and link it to your other email providers and it will all funnel through.

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

ok, the info I had in here before was an older change that changed back again... yeah, I"m confused too,

Try using the instructions in this doc:

http://support.tri.ph/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/85

Edited by I am bob
corrected wrong info

dalidali
Posted
Posted

Who is your email provider? Perhaps they support outgoing email. Most common method is support for authenticated SMTP by your email provider.

The outgoing email provider is Smartbro

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Not your ISP, who is the email account with? @gmail.com @yahoo.com ??

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

If SmartBro really is your Email provider you really need to read this notice because at the end of the month the service may not be available:

Please be informed that effective January 31, 2013, your Smart Bro e-mail account will no longer be available. Kindly make sure to migrate all important content . . .

I cannot give you a link as it just came up on a search and I would need a password to read the rest. Just search that entire phrase on Google and you will see where it comes from.

dalidali
Posted
Posted

It should not matter who I have an email acocunt with as long as the proper pop and smtp settings are made inside the "accounts" tab of Thunderbird.

Right this minute, I can receive email from my home country provider just fine while connected to to internet via Smartbro wi-fi connection. In fact I am connected to Smartbro this moment to access this webpage.

Once the proper settings are made in the Thunderbird email client..."tools"/"accounts", ..emails can be sent and retrieved.....in every other case except this one.

I have used internet connections in Thailand, Mexico, the Phils and the USA.....and each of them can provide me with the smtp settings ......except Smartbro.

They seem to stumble when asked, and have to pushed me to level 2 CSR support.

Perhaps they don't really want to do this, as Dave said......no more email hosting at the end of this month.

dalidali
Posted
Posted

If SmartBro really is your Email provider you really need to read this notice because at the end of the month the service may not be available:

Please be informed that effective January 31, 2013, your Smart Bro e-mail account will no longer be available. Kindly make sure to migrate all important content . . .

I cannot give you a link as it just came up on a search and I would need a pas

sword to read the rest. Just search that entire phrase on Google and you will see where it comes from.

I have seen this site also Mr Dave. However it is not yet Jan 31,2013 and Smartbro's email hosting should still be "live".......or not.

Thanks for your input.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

It should not matter who I have an email acocunt with as long as the proper pop and smtp settings are made inside the "accounts" tab of Thunderbird.

Right this minute, I can receive email from my home country provider just fine while connected to to internet via Smartbro wi-fi connection. In fact I am connected to Smartbro this moment to access this webpage.

Once the proper settings are made in the Thunderbird email client..."tools"/"accounts", ..emails can be sent and retrieved.....in every other case except this one.

I have used internet connections in Thailand, Mexico, the Phils and the USA.....and each of them can provide me with the smtp settings ......except Smartbro.

They seem to stumble when asked, and have to pushed me to level 2 CSR support.

Perhaps they don't really want to do this, as Dave said......no more email hosting at the end of this month.

If your email provider, the one you POP or use IMAP to get your email from supports authenticated SMTP that is what you should configure in Thunderbird rather than the ISP you get your internet connection from. This is so that you can always send email regardless of what network you are connected to. Whether to wifi at the airport, coffee shop, etc. You can setup the authenticated SMTP once and never worry about what ISP or network you are using for your internet connection. It saves alot of headaches in the long run.

• Like 2