Cell Phones

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You can go to just about any independent cell phone store and get your phone unlocked for about $20 or less - or you can look on-line for instructions for many of the models available and often for free.

3G is becoming old technology and won't be around in phones much longer.  LTE is the way to go for the Philippines if you can get the Phone at the price you want.  As for 3G, data loads, if you are not sitting under a tower,  can take forever!  And, for a little known secret about LTE phones - not all have the data and phone on the faster speed.  I have run across some phones that will run data on LTE or 4G and the phone signal is a standard signal.  If your phone conversation is run through the LTE or 4G sprectrum, you will have much better quality sound - more like you are speaking to each other rather than using a cell phone.  Which is great if you talk on your phone in public - traffic noise, crowd noise, background noise of all types will not affect what you can hear as much.  

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use mine more for the smart phone than the telephone.  I was an Palm user for many years, and really love the PDA.  So I need the apps, and internet and really don't care to talk on the phone.  Good apps are more important than internet too.  It is my date book, checkbook, e-reader, games....  (who needs a datebook - I am retired!)        :) 

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I use mine more for the smart phone than the telephone.  I was an Palm user for many years, and really love the PDA.  So I need the apps, and internet and really don't care to talk on the phone.  Good apps are more important than internet too.  It is my date book, checkbook, e-reader, games....  (who needs a datebook - I am retired!)        :)

I use an old clamshell motorola cell phone for phone calls and SMS, plus I don't care if the old phone gets stolen off my hip.

My smart phone I keep out of sight and use it for its smart phone features and for data. I pay 999 pesos a month for unlimited data with Smart and can use the smart phone as a wifi hotspot for my laptop.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ok the link does not work.  but the phone I was looking at is a A919 Duo, for ₱9,490.  A bit steep but it looks pretty good.  I will go out tomorrow and see what i can find locally before I leave.

Link worked fine for me?  :thumbsup:     Link Here

post-1-0-73719700-1360069608_thumb.jpg

• Like 1