Helper Wanted For Samar / Leyte. Catbalogan Area

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I have been told that my usual helper is having husband issues and has gone into hiding and is unreliable at this time. The woman who runs the charity is having trouble finding a local helper as everyone knows her and expects very high wages because 'I, the Kano" am paying the bill.

So I am in need of a live in helper for cleaning / laundry and cooking. I will pay travel to Catbalogan for the right person.

Right person??? An older skinny woman / widow with grown kids and not a lot of responsibilities that would keep her busy instead of helping in the house. NO SWEET YOUNG THINGS! Education is not important and this is an opportunity for a poor older woman to work (again) and make some money.

Steady work and food and a place to sleep and a cell phone or load provided in addition to 2,500p salary.     

So guys, tell your helpers / workers to tell their friends to pass the word.....

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Showed this to my wife. She wants to go. Told her she did not qualify, she is a "Sweet Young Thing"

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

An older skinny woman

Talk about discrimination, whats wrong with an older fat woman?  :no:

Steady work and food and a place to sleep and a cell phone or load provided in addition to 2,500p salary.

Will that include the 13 month pay and are you paying SS?  :no:

Also about the phone, iphone I guess?   :no:

:mocking:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

An older skinny woman

Talk about discrimination, whats wrong with an older fat woman?  :no:

>Steady work and food and a place to sleep and a cell phone or load provided in addition to 2,500p salary.

Will that include the 13 month pay and are you paying SS?  :no:

Also about the phone, iphone I guess?   :no:

:mocking:

Since I am paying for the rice / food.... SKINNY women may eat less. I am not sure what the 13th month is and I suppose I can afford the SS if she works out. But an

"I phone" ? Are you crazy? Talk like that may make her want to have FISH with her rice! An actual sheet or blanket on her bed! No need to spoil her....

I actually have an old Nokia 6120 that is my only phone. I call it my STUPID phone because it works! And if I drop it... it still WORKS!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Perhaps if you were to offer a bit more pay someone locally would be interested?

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Perhaps if you were to offer a bit more pay someone locally would be interested?

2,000 Peso a month for that type of work is what they make in my wife's home town in Mindanao. Food and Room/Bedspace included. What Bruce is offering is a pretty good deal for that area of Philippines.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

With unemployment endemic in rural areas it seems strange no one would be interested.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

My biggest problem in finding someone is the woman who runs the charity for me is very selective..... Me? Not so much.... Do your job, be clean, don't steal... I am ok with it...

There are young things being 'offered' for helpers, but I am not running a helper school. I told the woman in charge to write up a short simple helper wanted ad and give to the jeepneydrivers who travel out into the rural areas. But nooooo, we might end up with a woman who steals!  

Me telling her of axe murderers Typhoid Mary (google) et al is useless because she does not understand American history....

So I told her that if she does not have a relaible helper by March, when I arrive I am going to the s**t hole of a old folks home in Catbalogan and offer some nice (skinny hehehe) old able bodied woman an excape plan to get 3 hots and a cot!  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Bruce, sorry taking your request off topic. We have people in Leyte will put the word out to them perhaps someone would be interested. We know you are a stand up guy and making good things happen up there in Samar.

Edited by Old55

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Bruce, sorry taking your request off topic. We have people in Leyte will put the word out to them perhaps someone would be interested. We know you are a stand up guy and making good things happen up there in Samar.

Off topic? You lost me..... Were we talking Chevys and you mentioned Mopar???

There are people in Catbalogan who would like the job, but because I am a kano, they often expect more. If I offer more, no issues, but to expect more can be a problem. In any event, I expect to get a reliable helper sooner or later. Since they have to live in the fmaily house and deal on a daily basis with the family running the charity, I will let them decide whom may be the lucky person. 

I really just want my clothes clean and put away, reasonable food prepared and someone to yell at when I am frustrated with my efforts to change a few things in Phils..

Speaking of my ideas to change a few things... Noy-noy still has not returned my calls! Can you imagine that.....!