Buying A Lot, Or Maybe Not!

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Posted 21 minutes ago Jollygoodfellow, on 05 Feb 2013 - 03:26, said:My wife climbs a coconut tree at the beach when in the province for phone reception. Seems normal to me ...my wife climbs on my shoulders for that sweet spot of a signal....she says the extra 2 meters makes a different...who am I to differ!

Reminds me of the good old days of analogue television and the rabbit ears antennas. You would twist and turn or stick it out the window for a better reception. Never thought about climbing a coconut tree or climbing someone's shoulders.

• Like 1

GregZ
Posted
Posted

The land you want will only be worth what you are willing to pay for it.  That is the final word. :attention:

I offer for comparison information:  35 sq meter lot in Cagayan de Oro for the NON-Kano price of 1000 / sq meter.  This is an empty lot in a partially developed neighborhood.  Not a development or sub-division, just an area IN the city, with jeepney service close by, yet parts are still used for crops.  As the city grows it swallows farm land you know.  The roads are in place and all services are available, electric & water.

On Cebu you can surely find land for 200 / sq mtr.  Will it meet your needs???  The more requirements you have the more you'll need to pay.  I think the 400 php estimate is probably a REALLY GOOD one for WHAT YOU WANT.  You can FIND it and offer 200 to see what happens.  Just me though.  :tiphat:

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

35 sq meter? lol now that would be a small house to fit on it

• Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted

The point is actually the cost per sq meter for the land.  You can still find several of the 35 to 80 sq meter lots and connect them together for example....  Most of the places in THAT area have no yard and they build apartment type structures going  UP instead of OUT.  So NO HOUSE there at all.

:999:

I won't give information on what they are asking in CDO for lots big enough for a house because I had not run across any.  This information CAME to me when we were staying at a neighborhood household there,

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

This would be considered a "Zero View Lot." When you open a window, what you see is your neighbor's wall or his wife taking a shower. Hopefully, everyone builds with hollow blocks to minimize the danger from fire.  

• Like 2

colorguy
Posted
Posted

The more I contact the sellers of the lots on sulit or Cebu Classifieds the more I realize how hard it is to find a lot this way!  Lots of untitled property, some that seems flat out too good to be true, and plenty beyond our budget!  If anyone hears of any nice lot for sale near Toledo, Barili, or Carcar give me a shout.  We don't want to be way up in the hills and far from the main road, and I realize this limits our choices.  Even a lot in the 500-1500 square meter range is fine for us.  Nothing under 50 square meters LOL.

• Like 2

samatm
Posted
Posted

The more I contact the sellers of the lots on sulit or Cebu Classifieds the more I realize how hard it is to find a lot this way!  Lots of untitled property, some that seems flat out too good to be true, and plenty beyond our budget!  If anyone hears of any nice lot for sale near Toledo, Barili, or Carcar give me a shout.  We don't want to be way up in the hills and far from the main road, and I realize this limits our choices.  Even a lot in the 500-1500 square meter range is fine for us.  Nothing under 50 square meters LOL.

I understand Cebu Pacific has  a  new BKK to CEB route.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

May I suggest contacting forum member Geoff who is also our resident real estate agent.  Along with his wife Anilou,

they have been in the business for the last several years in Cebu area.  Geoff's advertisement banner is authorized

by the Boss: http://cebupropertyrentals.com/  

• Like 2

colorguy
Posted
Posted

Great advice Jake!

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

My wife has 700 sq mtrs of land near Toledo, Electric and water, Maybe willing to sell, clean title.

• Like 1