Us Driver Licnese

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I don't have a motorcycle endorsement on my Florida license; when I converted to the Philippines license at the Mandaue office we simply asked for the motorcycle designation and it was given. In hindsight maybe a test is a good idea.

• Like 1

pesochek
Posted
Posted

I'll share my experience too. When I was doing that "conversion" I stated in my application that I need non-professional motorcycle license. My russian one is also restricted to cars only. Well yes actually I tried to cheat and not to pass any tests hehe. But it appeared that they gave me "restriction: 2" license - which is for cars only too. I asked officer what should one do in this case, how to fix this mistake etc. He said that there's no problem, all higher restrictions include minor ones. It's beyond logic but he told that restriction 2 includes 2 (vehicles up to 4,5t) and 1 (motorcycles, tricycles).

I never wanted to spend whole day out there in LTO, so I just left and took an experiment just the very that evening at the first checkpoint. Officer checked my license and never said a word about restriction. I asked him is it ok that I'm restricted to car while driving motorbike, and he said it's ok as long as license is valid.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I'll share my experience too. When I was doing that "conversion" I stated in my application that I need non-professional motorcycle license. My russian one is also restricted to cars only. Well yes actually I tried to cheat and not to pass any tests hehe. But it appeared that they gave me "restriction: 2" license - which is for cars only too. I asked officer what should one do in this case, how to fix this mistake etc. He said that there's no problem, all higher restrictions include minor ones. It's beyond logic but he told that restriction 2 includes 2 (vehicles up to 4,5t) and 1 (motorcycles, tricycles).

I never wanted to spend whole day out there in LTO, so I just left and took an experiment just the very that evening at the first checkpoint. Officer checked my license and never said a word about restriction. I asked him is it ok that I'm restricted to car while driving motorbike, and he said it's ok as long as license is valid.

Never a FIXER around when you need one.....

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

He said that there's no problem, all higher restrictions include minor ones. It's beyond logic but he told that restriction 2 includes 2 (vehicles up to 4,5t) and 1 (motorcycles, tricycles).   I never wanted to spend whole day out there in LTO, so I just left and took an experiment just the very that evening at the first checkpoint. Officer checked my license and never said a word about restriction. I asked him is it ok that I'm restricted to car while driving motorbike, and he said it's ok as long as license is valid.

It doesn't make sense but I've given up trying to understand their "logic"; for example, someone dead drunk stumbles in front of your car and you unavoidably hit him (or her) and it's your fault because you hit them. Either make restitution with them or the family or you will probably be spending some time in jail. My license is marked 12 under Restrictions, meaning ok for 1 and 2; 1 being motorcycles, 2 vehicles up to 4500 kgs. But if I was sill riding a motorbike in the Philippines having the pulis check my license restrictions would be among the least of my concerns.

• Like 1

pesochek
Posted
Posted

I just said to myself that motorcycle is also a "vehicle up to 4500 kgs" in some way. If we treat "vehicle" as "artificial object being moved by engine power". Therefore no problem with restrictions here =)

• Like 2