Advice From Someone On The Ground In The Philippines

hotcha
Posted
Posted
Now, on any forum or group, you have to take the advice for what it's worth. In this case it's my advice - meeting Filipinas.Where should you meet Filipinas? Should you meet them on the Internet? I mean, after all, you may not get another chance to hook up with a girl after you have arrived in the Philippines. (This may be true, but not for the reasons you believe.)Guys, don't go wasting your time meeting girls on line. Trust me. You can get off the plane, enter the terminal, and before leaving there meet a girl, if that is what you want. However, if you want to relax before heading out to meet a girl, then just don't get any numbers before you are checked into your hotel and have had time to have a shower and a sleep. The reason I tell you this is, quite often, you may meet girls who really, honestly, aren't worth your time once you come to the Philippines. You will... and I mean will meet other girls after arriving here. But, once you have hooked up with them, they may keep the strings so tight on you while you are here, that you will not have the time to meet another girl anywhere. Believe me when I say, they know why not to let you out of their site when you are with them. They are scared that another Filipina will snatch you up. And, in a heartbeat, they may very well do just that! A member of my forums, who had hooked up with "the" perfect Filipina, later found out that she wasn't exactly the perfect one for him. He was fortunate enough to find this out before he swapped "I do's" with her. I have been living here since 2002, January. I have been coming here since 1992, January. I am definitely not new to the Philippines, certainly not to Cebu and the Visayas. So, I may know a little bit about this topic. Of course, the choice is yours. Paul
The problem is not how you meet women. The things that lead to bad relationships are the same whether you meet online or offline.Many of the guys that come here get blown away by the devotion and affection that is showered on them by Filipinas. They just aren't used to that level of love and affection. The attention level often makes them believe the woman is someone she is not. They don't realize that Filipinas in general are all that way, so they mistake the behavior for true love instead of seeing it for what it really is, a cultural difference. And of course, there are also the guys that are too busy f#@k#!g every girl in sight to notice the locals sharpening their knives and aiming their guns.Poverty on the scale of the Philippines twists people in ways most Westerners don't understand. If you don't understand what grinding poverty is like, you aren't prepared for the depths people will go to escape it. This lack of understanding can be very dnagerous when coupled with the issues I mentioned above.It doesn't matter how you meet a woman. If you don't keep your eyes open and your wits about you, you will get taken advantage of. That's true no matter the country or culture of the people involved.
:SugarwareZ-037: Cheers to you themason...thats true!! it doesnt matter how you meet your women here in Phils.... :lol:

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Mike,There are undoubtedly exceptions to most rules and I, for one, am very happy for you that you first encountered your now wife Julie online. But I'd suggest that for every one in your position, there are over a hundred guys who have been taken for an emotional ride that has turned out badly for them.A friend of mine has a rather novel approach. He sits at one of the tables outside a bar/cafe in a Mall and if he spies an attractive looking girl walking, he simply calls out asking for her phone number. His "success" rate is remarkably high and he's not an exceptionally good-looking guy by any means.Mark
I doubt you meet many good girls that way either. But that doesn't sound like what he is looking for anyway. :D :rolleyes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
Mike,There are undoubtedly exceptions to most rules and I, for one, am very happy for you that you first encountered your now wife Julie online. But I'd suggest that for every one in your position, there are over a hundred guys who have been taken for an emotional ride that has turned out badly for them.A friend of mine has a rather novel approach. He sits at one of the tables outside a bar/cafe in a Mall and if he spies an attractive looking girl walking, he simply calls out asking for her phone number. His "success" rate is remarkably high and he's not an exceptionally good-looking guy by any means.Mark
I doubt you meet many good girls that way either. But that doesn't sound like what he is looking for anyway. :D :D
Tom, I believe I have been saying something like that all along, :as-if: but even though the consensus on here and on the other forum is going in the direction that most people met their good wives or gf's that way, I believe that neither of them will ever agree they could possibly be wrong. :as-if: :rolleyes: :D added, Edited by Mr. Lee

TheMason
Posted
Posted

Hasn't this thread pretty much run it's course? I keep clicking it hoping for a valid contribution, but that hasn't happened since hotcha gave me accolades for my insightful post. :rolleyes:

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

I agree, topic closed.

Edited by Mr. Lee