House Hunting Trip To Subic Bay

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

for a guy that grew up in subic bay, and graduated at George Dewey High school, at the foot of Kalayaan, stomped Binictican and Upper Mau camp in cubi point, frequented Nav/Mag.  and Grande and Snake island,  Flew 1000 missions over s$%#t river. and came back home after 38 years. i would not live in subic. its changed for the worst since the navy left.  its not the same and never will be...... ill settle for my bulett proof mansion in olongapo.....Yessssss , one year  at home this month... priceless.. :cheersty:           tanks  EJ.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

for a guy that grew up in subic bay, and graduated at George Dewey High school, at the foot of Kalayaan, stomped Binictican and Upper Mau camp in cubi point, frequented Nav/Mag.  and Grande and Snake island,  Flew 1000 missions over s$%#t river. and came back home after 38 years. i would not live in subic. its changed for the worst since the navy left.  its not the same and never will be...... ill settle for my bulett proof mansion in olongapo.....Yessssss , one year  at home this month... priceless.. :cheersty:           tanks  EJ.

We were interested in looking in Olongapo, but we were constrained by time, so I decided to go with our best safe option for the next year while we get a feel for the larger area.

I'm sure it has changed a lot!  For better or worse I can't say because I don't have your experience, but we think it is a nice and peaceful place  :)

What about the flooding?  I heard that the Olongapo Santa Monica sub-division is to be avoided due to flooding.  Any other areas that are prone to flooding?

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dang EJ, you still alive and well.  Haven't heard from you for awhile.  Oooh yeah, our old HS, George Dewey where

Holiday Villas is now located.  So many things to do on base and 'PO City, our hometown.  Learning the facts of life

during our adolescent and military age of discovery was indeed an eye opener.  Our innocence quickly took a dump

at the famous Chit River.....he, he.

OMW.....I believe you have found a very nice secured and peaceful area to live the life of leisure.  I zoomed in your

neighborhood where I found two tennis courts at Bonita St in Kalaayan housing.  I also found a sports complex near

the main gate where they have both indoor and outdoor courts.  Did you find the Pancake House off Dewey Ave?

You guys are making me home sick.  Earthdome at La Union - SubicSteve, EJ and now OMW at my old stompin'

grounds.  Pitchers of MoJo is on me, whenever I get my ass over there.

Well done guys -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

where I found two tennis courts at Bonita St in Kalaayan housing

Jake, yes, those will be my home courts!  I hope I still have my game and it will take me a while to get back in shape, but I think I will mostly be playing doubles so I should survive!

The courts have been cleaned up and refurbished by the newly formed Kalayaan Tennis Club, which you can join for p2800 per year  :)

• Like 2

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

wassap!!!! jake I was just at George Dewey High, today to take a picture of the Globe in the parking lot, remember the old round bouy that was mounted in front of the principals office? its still there, but its just a rusty ball now.and of course i left my camera at home, anyway i was in a hurry and running late to get to Nav/Mag to hook up with the Olongapo practical shooters.  a local gun club .that does practice and combat shoots on sundays,  on my way out i saw the rows of condos there.... what a dump,very few occupied and a lot unfinished. till next time, gotta run. the boom boom girls are catching up.again.. :hystery: tanks   EJ BARTON :tiphat: 

Dang EJ, you still alive and well.  Haven't heard from you for awhile.  Oooh yeah, our old HS, George Dewey where

Holiday Villas is now located.  So many things to do on base and 'PO City, our hometown.  Learning the facts of life

during our adolescent and military age of discovery was indeed an eye opener.  Our innocence quickly took a dump

at the famous Chit River.....he, he.

OMW.....I believe you have found a very nice secured and peaceful area to live the life of leisure.  I zoomed in your

neighborhood where I found two tennis courts at Bonita St in Kalaayan housing.  I also found a sports complex near

the main gate where they have both indoor and outdoor courts.  Did you find the Pancake House off Dewey Ave?

You guys are making me home sick.  Earthdome at La Union - SubicSteve, EJ and now OMW at my old stompin'

grounds.  Pitchers of MoJo is on me, whenever I get my ass over there.

Well done guys -- Jake

• Like 1