My Kind Of Pinay! Or It Is A Hard Life For The Older Pinays.....

Julia
Posted
Posted

i think she is a lonely old woman trying to get by on what ever she can get by working and i think she considers you a friend that gives as much in attention as he does in a meal . she s not greedy, and i think she likes your attention as much as a free meal. and ithink your doing your calling in a way that allows her some dignity by being her friend also.

and i think you are right, Lonewolf! :morning1: :th_thbestpost:

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

You say she will always say "Thank You"...  You don't mention if you ever say "You're Welcome"...?

:mocking:

oh dear! :mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

Yeah guys.... about that. I am not really a people person. My being raised by Siamese cats may have had something to do with it.

I usually say something more like 'see you tomorrow' rather than a your welcome.

Also when people are kind enough to donate money for rice..... I have standing orders with the family here to include the old widows up on the hill..... Not steady, but she manages to eat. She has never come to the house to ask for a hand out. SHe knows she can as she has been here before when rice is given out. But she is not a moocher. 

People like her are what they are and are trapped until released by death in their own little lives. Surviving is not the same as living. Many of us in the 1st world countries are blissfully unaware of this little dictinction.

• Like 2

davewe
Posted
Posted

I agree. A scammer is someone lying about their situation to take your money. A person who is a "professional beggar" is not a scammer - you know exactly who they are. Perhaps it's just a disagreement over words. But for most of us a scammer is infuriating, even if the amount of money is small. A destitute old person for whom you buy breakfast is a different category.

I would say Enrika is NO SCAMMER, IMHO...

a beggar maybe she is as she is obviously begging for something to eat...

a scammer is someone making up stories just to get money from you, and a scammer definitely won't settle for P2.00 (can't hardly buy anything nowadays). A P20.00 is just enough to buy her something to temporarily fill her empty stomach.

this is a 3rd world country - what else could someone expect?

don't know how and i don't know who can do it either, but maybe it would be more helpful too if there is somebody who can somehow show and teach people like Enrika how to fish instead .

lastly,
thanks for the kindness that you've shown to people like Enrika, Bruce.... :thumbsup:
Stay a blessing to others! God bless!

• Like 3

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Good job again Bruce, your dignity and compassion for people is beyond words, again if there were only more like you......well done sir!

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

When I said that Bruce was being scammed, I really did not mean that he was a victim.  I agree with all of you that she is a woman who is just trying to find some way to survive with a little breakfast.  

Bruce and I poke at each other in fun because we both have had too many experiences and learned too many things over the years..  But Bruce does do something that a lot of us can't do and that is save lives with all that different things he does.  He really should be commended!

Bruce - don't listen to anything I just said...  Stop laughing - I wasn't serious...  Bruce...  Get up, Bruce...  That's no place to take a nap...  Bruce?

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

When I said that Bruce was being scammed, I really did not mean that he was a victim.  I agree with all of you that she is a woman who is just trying to find some way to survive with a little breakfast.  

Bruce and I poke at each other in fun because we both have had too many experiences and learned too many things over the years..  But Bruce does do something that a lot of us can't do and that is save lives with all that different things he does.  He really should be commended!

Bruce - don't listen to anything I just said...  Stop laughing - I wasn't serious...  Bruce...  Get up, Bruce...  That's no place to take a nap...  Bruce?

Yes.... Bob is a fine fellow.... for the follicularly challanged, that is!

I saw Enrika waiting patiently for me today. Long tattered skirt on and she was self consious about entering Jollibees. But as I am the bull in the china shop on a daily basis, I took her arm and in we went. I had the eggs and the pan cakes and I told the counter girl to give Enrika anything she wanted.  

Her order was a protracted deal in that she was afraid that she would ask for something too expensive and I would get mad... the counter girl was trying to coax her a bit..... Since I do not speak Waray, I don't know what the counter girl was saying, exactly.... but I think it was .... Order the damn fillet ofr whale! The Kano is rich, money is nothing to him! ... Or something like that.

She settled on the spaghetti with the red mystery meat and a sprite and a rice.

And we ate and enjoyed a fine food and fine conversation..... with the Kiwi.

Enrika is the perfect date... mindful of costs eats quietly and does not try to engage me in conversation.... WOW! She would make a fine wife for some lucky fella on a tight budget... :cheersty:

So sad that Bob found that ladybo.... I mean wife.... :hystery:

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry Bruce but first, as  you have said, I am taken.

Secondly I am not going to interfere between the two of you...  You two have been dating for how long now?

So....  When is the wedding?

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I'm sorry Bruce but first, as  you have said, I am taken.

Secondly I am not going to interfere between the two of you...  You two have been dating for how long now?

So....  When is the wedding?

Wedding? Well glad you asked..... One of the nicer things about living in the Philippines is that once you and the lucky woman move into together, the term girl friend is forgotten and everyone uses husband / wife terms. No real need to get married...

But, we certainly will accept your wedding gifts..... however, no power appliances please. Should we register at Macys?

post-404-0-97369900-1363921967_thumb.jpg

Here is the lucky gal herself, hard at work. While your usual Pinay may be found in a cafe cheatin... oh, I mean chatting.... or txting away YOUR load money..... Enrika meets the delivery truck and collects all discarded cardboard for her personal use and enjoyment. Wow, I am sure lucky I got her (No Jake, it is just an exprsssion) before she found someone else!

• Like 4