Know The Law Or Face 20 Years

Bruce
Posted
Posted

At Jollibees today for breakfast. Met up with Enrika... what a surprise to see her there :thumbsup: . I had the eggs and pan cakes and she had the spaghetti with the red mystery meat.

I turned around there was a large white guy. I called out the universal Pinoy hail of Hey Joe! And he responded and asked if I was from the US.... (can't hide it) I answered in the affirmative and asked where he was from.

CHRISTCHURCH NZ! Well imagine that. His Jollyness's post of the NZ man from Christchurch fresh in my mind gave us something to talk about. I wrote out the forum address on a napkin for him and gave him the short version (OK I Lied a bit) about the forum and all those Kiwis on the forum and basic information. I avoided the subject of Jake... Do not want to put off the fella just yet. :attention:

He has been in the Catbalogan area since December and hopes his money holds out for another couple of months. He is a care giver for the mentally disabled in Christchurch.

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

He took the mans money,,, I,m sorry but I have no pity for him.

And he spent it on his own needs. If there was proof he paid VISA fee's, airline tickets or something of that nature I would have a little bit of sympathy. After all chit happens.

But.....

To many people get mixed up in business and it turns around and bites them! After being burned a few times with business transactions, I sometimes wish the person could be put in jail or something as an incentive to pay up.

Also I cannot help but wonder if this guy has taken money from others?

5000 dollars fee without paying anything?!!  

I have no idea what normal agency fees for OFW to NZ are, but e g for HongKong it's around 100 000 pesos (80 000 of it paid AFTER they have started working as parts of the salaries during the first 6 months of a 2 years contract) AND costs as turn and return ticket, health test, work permit are INCLUDED in that 100 000 pesos... 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Looks like he got some help from his Kiwi fiends ..... if I read this correctly .....

hu, 21 Mar 2013 10:11a.m.

vernon.jpg?width=460 Vernon Gardiner

New Zealander Vernon Gardiner was facing two decades in a Filipino prison before generous 3rd Degree viewers donated enough money to secure his release.

Mr Gardiner's story was broadcast on 3rd Degree last night, which revealed he had spent 17 months behind bars for a $4800 debt.

And strangely, the judge who put him there has since lobbied hard to get him out, and with time running short, has been pleading with the New Zealand Government to stump up the $4800.

This morning journalist 3rd Degree journalist Sarah Hall spoke about the case on Firstline – watch the video.

•  
  • Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Glad they found a way to get the Kiwi out of jail. The judge did the right thing by treating the $5,000 as a debt. Get someone to repay it (rich Kiwis) and I will let you go.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I am not so sure about the effort the judge is making to 'help'. I wonder once received, the $5,000 or is it $4,800... will be spent?

• 7 months later...
skippy
Posted
Posted

He sounds like a total using scumbag up to no good and we will hear more of this crook before too long 

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Also I cannot help but wonder if this guy has taken money from others?

yep

http://www.3news.co.nz/Gardiner-owes-other-immigrants/tabid/423/articleID/291287/Default.aspx

Glad they found a way to get the Kiwi out of jail. The judge did the right thing by treating the $5,000 as a debt. Get someone to repay it (rich Kiwis) and I will let you go.

(From the news)   owes money to a number of would-be migrants.

It seem he has scamed several. IF so. I think they better had let him stayed in jail, so he can't scam more people...

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

what ever happen to the English man& his wife that was in jail"pending trial".?

have not heard anything about this story in over 1 yr

believe that he ran an agency too

brock
Posted
Posted

what ever happen to the English man& his wife that was in jail"pending trial".?

have not heard anything about this story in over 1 yr

believe that he ran an agency too

Still in prison been about 4 years now and still hasn't been to trial due to prosecution witnesses failing to turn up to give evidence...

Sucks.

• Like 2