Good News For Expats? Come On 1=50!

Forest steve
Posted
Posted

Good advice and thanks for the welcome I will certainly take my time on the wife thing , I really don't have much to loose I have my farm in Thailand to go back to if things don't work out in Philippine ( my son runs it for me)

I'm the kind of guy that just takes everything as it comes and if meet a nice girl and decide to settle in the Philippines great if not I will have had a nice few months holiday

I could always write a book about Asian wife's after one Thai one Cambodian and one Filipino (maybe)

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
Hey Bruce! Does this mean your honeymoon is over?

Hell no! But the friction burns are healing well now! Here are a couple of pics showing the wedding present I gave the little woman and us together. She is a working machine!

Forest Steve .... she has got a couple of sisters and if you want me to put in a good word for you, you just let me know! :hystery:  

post-404-0-48987300-1367025996_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-20241800-1367026024_thumb.jpgpost-404-0-17857800-1367026051_thumb.jpg

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

took out 10.000 at cost of 242.81 on friday 350pm via debt/checking card.

alot better than a few weeks ago,

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My best so far is p10,000 for $249.20.  (40.93:1).  Still seems odd that the ATM consistently gives me the best rate I have seen.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm ... just got 41.05 at the bank Wed. ...... :dance: :hystery: :hystery: :cheersty:

earthdome
Posted
Posted

My best so far is p10,000 for $249.20.  (40.93:1).  Still seems odd that the ATM consistently gives me the best rate I have seen.

I got 41.14 on 4/24 when doing fx from my BPI USD account to my BPI peso account.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
I got 41.14 on 4/24 when doing fx from my BPI USD account to my BPI peso account.

If you want to get a few more pesos from your BPI exchange, try doing it at the bank and talk to the manager.  Our local BPI manager here in Subic has given me 10-25 pesos more than the online rate.  Don't try too late in the day because to get the highest rate he has to get approval from the central office, and they close at around 3:30-4 pm.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If you want to get a few more pesos from your BPI exchange, try doing it at the bank and talk to the manager.  Our local BPI manager here in Subic has given me 10-25 pesos more than the online rate.  Don't try too late in the day because to get the highest rate he has to get approval from the central office, and they close at around 3:30-4 pm.

?? That's 51 - 66 pesos per US dollar. But I suppose you mean something else   :)

I would go to a meeting too to get that much extra  :)   but I wouldn't bother to get only 10-25 pesos extra totaly. That would make only around Pinoy salary for my time and I value it higher.

• Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted

The online fx rate is slightly better than the rate posted at the bank. For a few extra pesos it isn't worth my time to visit the bank and wait in line to talk to the manager for my normal fx needs. If I had a large amount to fx at one time it would be worth my time to speak to the manager.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
?? That's 51 - 66 pesos per US dollar. But I suppose you mean something else  

Whoops!  I meant centavos!

I usually exchange larger amounts, so for a $5000 exchange, and extra 20 centavos gets me an extra 1000 pesos, so it is worth seeing the manager.  I never had to wait.

• Like 1