Getting Visa In Australia Before I Go!

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

This time I'm thinking about getting a 59 day visa in Australia before I travel and the office is here in Sydney so I can go in person and the cost looks to be around $50. What I would like to know is:

• Do I need to produce a throw away ticket along with my flight tickets?

• Photo required: Will they have a camera in the office or do I need to get my own photo taken?

The webpage for the visa details is here: http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/visa/temporary-visitors-visa-for-pleasure-or-tourism.html

thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What you best to do is read the Philippines Embassy  Australia website.  http://www.philembassy.org.au/

Here is the requirements, 

Procedure, http://www.philembassy.org.au/images/visa/Temporary-Visitors-Visa.pdf

Forms, http://www.philembassy.org.au/images/visa/nonimmivisa_frm2.pdf

Fees, http://www.philembassy.org.au/images/announcement/consular_fees_03Dec2012.pdf

You can apply by mail as well 

As for throw away no, as long as you have an onward ticket so if you have not purchased the return ticket when you got the one to go there then yes you will need it. Its simple, anyone who is just visiting must be able to prove they are moving on. The airline may not let you board otherwise.

:cheersty:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks I will check out the links too.

with the throw away, I know I need it before I depart but I was wondering if I need it when I apply for the visa as I would rather get the visa worked out first before buying the ticket as I might buy one to Hong Kong or somewhere I can take a trip to and avoid the next visa fee. but I would rather buy the onward ticket once I know I have the 59 day visa otherwise I would have to buy one that departs within 21 days.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Ok thanks I will check out the links too.

with the throw away, I know I need it before I depart but I was wondering if I need it when I apply for the visa as I would rather get the visa worked out first before buying the ticket as I might buy one to Hong Kong or somewhere I can take a trip to and avoid the next visa fee. but I would rather buy the onward ticket once I know I have the 59 day visa otherwise I would have to buy one that departs within 21 days.

Number 5 I think is the answer,

5. Photocopy of confirmed itinerary of return travel or onward journey to the next

port of destination; and

http://www.philembassy.org.au/images/visa/Temporary-Visitors-Visa.pdf

Also after checking out the site you had in your first post I see the same info is there as the one I gave you. I only glanced at it thinking it was one in the Philippines, silly me  :bonk: I must read before typing, I must read before typing, I must .....

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok I better get my ticket then first... I will probably buy a return from Philippines and go out for 1 or 2 days to some place I have not been before like Hong Kong or Thailand and enjoy some street food for a day and some shopping. It will save me paying 7.5k for the ACR card etc and when I come back I can just get another 59 days....

as for these websites, yeah i'm also confused, not sure which is the official one?

EDIT: SEE MY NEXT POST

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I just realized that you lose the free 21 days with the 59 day visa so I think I will flag the 59 day visa and just go with the free 21 days. I will then renew it before21 days for anther 59 days and then I plan to exit the country for a day and return so I don't have to pay 7.5k for the acr card etc.

Now the issue I have now is do I need to buy an onward ticket to depart before 21 days expire or can I buy one that would leave at a later date? I can't see any problem with a later date considering if you purchased a return ticket to Philippines and back for say 6 months then no one asks you any questions even though you have only been assured of 21 days.

brock
Posted
Posted (edited)

After the 21 days you only extend for another 38 days not 59....you get the 59 days on your next extension....You need an onward ticket before you fly to the Philippines.

Once you are in the Philippines you do not need an ongoing ticket.

Edited by brock
  • Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted (edited)

Adventurer,

I found that it doesnt matter about the date on your outbound ticket, my last flight had a outbound flight leaving after 8 weeks, the officer at NAIA asked me about it and I just told them I wasnt planning on using the ticket and would be extending my stay to be with my wife. They had no problem with that and actually pointed me in the direction of the extension desk to get the extra 38 days immediately rather than have to go back to the BI 21 days later.

Edited by bootleultras
  • Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted

59 day visa in Australia before I travel and the office is here in Sydney so I can go in person and the cost looks to be around $50.

Your 38 day extension, that gets you the 59 days total, is 3030 php (2840 when I got it upon arrival at the airport for some reason). 

Anyway, do the math and see that it costs more in the Philippines if you truely can get it for $50 in Australia.  You are not losing the 21 days... you are paying for the 38 additional.  (After that the extensions are 1 OR 2 months, not 59 days.)

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I just realized that you lose the free 21 days with the 59 day visa so I think I will flag the 59 day visa and just go with the free 21 days. I will then renew it before21 days for anther 59 days and then I plan to exit the country for a day and return so I don't have to pay 7.5k for the acr card etc.

Now the issue I have now is do I need to buy an onward ticket to depart before 21 days expire or can I buy one that would leave at a later date? I can't see any problem with a later date considering if you purchased a return ticket to Philippines and back for say 6 months then no one asks you any questions even though you have only been assured of 21 days.

The only problem might be convincing the airline. One time Singapore Airline staff asked me about my return as it was beyond the 21 days, I rolled off my tongue about visa extensions and sounded like an authority on it and the woman said, well you know more about it than me and let me board.

Personally I have had my return past the 21 days on most trips and had no other problems but I hear others have, its usually not in the Philippines its getting there. 

Anyway, I thought you were just going for a visit but sounds like you intend to stay some time?

• Like 1