American Teen’S Kidnapping Tale In The Philippines

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

brave and tough hope he works through through the ptsd alright.  

• Like 1

samatm
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing.   Do glad this had a happy ending.  too bad they had to pay ransom.   Was the amount ever revealed how much the Abu's got ..and then reneged on their end.

Americano
Posted
Posted

We should bomb the entire island to kill all of the bastards.

MikeB
Posted
Posted

We should bomb the entire island to kill all of the bastards.

And anyone else who happens to be there, including the farmer who helped him escape.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I agree with Americano that they need to do something drastic but not that extreme. The island looks small on the map from memory but I know that in real life a small island on a map can be huge when you are on it.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Well, my first suggestion was to surround the island with military and police and then move in towards the center until every terrorist is killed or captured, but since it looks like that's not going to happen I suggested bombing the entire island. If there are any decent people living there they could be given a couple of days to leave. Its a Muslim island which breeds, trains and harbors terrorists so their hiding place needs to be destroyed.

• Like 1

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately you can't kill an ideology, no matter how perverse it may seem, by killing people.  Killing its adherents seems to only make martyrs and breed even more of the problem.  Ten years in Vietnam, Afghanistan, etc. prove that.  Showing better alternatives takes a long time, but seems to work at least some of the time.  Of course closed societies (DPRK) work hard to prevent that from happening.

• Like 3

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Main thing bombing will do is cause civilian casualties the news media will have a frenzy with. Then you feed the extremist fire with the ordinary civilian population. 

As said above, hard to kill an ideology. 

• Like 2

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Glad they made it out. STUPID to have gone there in the first place.

• Like 1