Warning To Us Disabled Veterans

Flason456
Posted
Posted

I have been living in Cebu for over a year now . I married the asain girl of my dreams "for sure" If you are a Disabled veteran (I have a 100% Rating) and thinking of living here you should know this. The VA here is real real bad, they will only see you for thing you have in your dicusion rating. They will outsource everything and that department is all most impossable to deal with I have tried to work with a doctor I was outsource to and the VA outsourcing department will not contact him back, he has tried several time and I have to.

Hospital here are not any way close to the level of care in US Hospitals but the cost is no were near the US. here, you need 50% down when you walk in and pay the rest before you leave "that's right before they let you leave".  

With the VA and SSND you can live like a king though, just be perpared to pay for medical. I had read this site before I came here and tried to relize a bugget for my self and I got a lot of good info from this site. so this is me sharing.

cost of living I am renting a 2 bed home at this time and live in San Fernando, Cebu. my bugget monthly is 70,000P that's giving me a 30,000p fun money amouth I would not even try living here if you do not have at least 80'000p (2000$) of income a month. I know I to have read that some live here for 800$ a month and you can but you will be living in a hut out in the mountain with no run water a using leaves to wip your but with that kind of bugget.

Being married here I can now by a home and there is alot of land and homes for sale here. WOMEN here, I ment my wife on the internet but after living here I can say that I got real lucky, the women here take curving the truth over the internet to a new high. The beautiful asian girl that you found and have been talking to over the net that tells you she is not married and has no kids. she most likely has one or two kids that she will introduce you to after your married. I have seen this happen here with some of my wifes friends. My best advice on this is keep talking to that girl but come here with a open mind and look around. There are soooooo many HOT philinas here and they love americans. So come here rent an apartment and date you will find that right girl.

Last even with the VA problem I still love living here. GOOD LUCK> SEMPER FI

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I don't understand what you mean with "VA". Is it an American shortening?

San Fernando, Cebu. my bugget monthly is 70,000P that's giving me a 30,000p fun money amouth I would not even try living here if you do not have at least 80'000p (2000$) of income a month. I know I to have read that some live here for 800$ a month and you can but you will be living in a hut out in the mountain with no run water a using leaves to wip your but with that kind of bugget.

What?? Isn't 30 000p/month enough "fun money" enough for you??  :)

(AFTER I have built a house with own well, I expect I can LIVE OK at 40 000p/month INCLUDING wife and 2-3 small kids. (More later - money not kids :lol: - if they will need to go to college, but I will try to make a business, where they can work, so then they don't need college  :)       

But I aim at earning at least 70 000p/month.

The beautiful asian girl that you found and have been talking to over the net that tells you she is not married and has no kids. she most likely has one or two kids that she will introduce you to after your married. I have seen this happen here with some of my wifes friends.

Hadn't any of them seen their becoming wife's stomach before marrying them??    

(Pregnancies normaly/often make hard to hide strechmarks.)

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Flason,

We have a military section that deals with most of our headaches living overseas.  I believe there is

a link posted by another veteran regarding the location of a veterans office-facility near Cebu.  For

the life of me, I can't seem to find it.  But this link I found, but this is located in Angeles City, north of

Manila: http://www.vfwpost2485.com/

You may have already established some contacts with your fellow wounded warriors in your area.

I think it's important to maintain that espirit de corps among your fellow brothers.  Besides, it's nice

to swap some sea stories, spiked with some cold San Magoo....he, he.

Thank you for your story Marine!  May your life be full of fun under the sun.

Respectfully -- Jake (USN E-9, retarded)

Flason456
Posted
Posted

Here is more of a break down

7,000p rent

20,000p  food

ele 7000 in summer 5000 in cool months

water 400p

I give my wife 10'000p for her allowance

her mom and family 8000p

I get 20,000 fun money

but what don't see is repair for my motor bikes and car, gas, internet, TV, cell phone, maid, it all adds up.

In the house is me my wife our maid ( wife's niece) her 1 yr son and husband.

I am trying to save as much money as I can to pay off some land i bought so I try very hard to save money and stay on my bugget. some expats I have taiked to here spend as much as 40,000 for food.

Trying to live here for less then 70,000 amonth is hard for me.  If i was single and willing to live out in the mountains ok but NOT!. I just don't think you would be happy here on 40,000p amonth. In the year I have been here I have seen Americans come and go because they just can't make it on that dream bugget. It's just not as cheep here to live as you might think. Maybe if the pesco makes it way back to 1=50 But do you real want to up root your life on hopes it stay in the 50's

One of my wifes friends is 24 yrs old HOT all over, has 4 kids. she foud this guy over the internet, he came twice, she hide her kids at her moms the guy came back for a 3d time and married her. He went home and started to aply for her visa came back after it was aproved to get her. I was at her going away party went one of her friends came over and asked her "were her kids going with her", the guy turned red. And I have heard this same kind of story from one other guy here.

Women here

I get girls trying to talk with me all the time even if I say I married they still come on to me. (But I am very happily married to a 24 beautiful PI girl) and never take of my ring. The worst here are the Shemale they are very agressive and will follow you around the mall tring to get your attention.

Alittle about me I am 51. from florida, I sent 8 yrs in the Marine corp infintry, was hurt then med dischared in 1986. Refused my VA benifits at first and became a Master electrian. Work untill I couldn't and retired at 48yrs old. I filled with VA and SSD and get full benifits every month.

Good luck

• Like 1

Flason456
Posted
Posted

Jake

There is only one VA (veteran administration facility) here and it is a small clinic in Manila. there is none in Cebu but the doctors in manila clinic will out source you to a doctor here. but good luck with that.

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Here is more of a break down   7,000p rent 20,000p  food ele 7000 in summer 5000 in cool months water 400p   I give my wife 10'000p for her allowance her mom and family 8000p I get 20,000 fun money but what don't see is repair for my motor bikes and car, gas, internet, TV, cell phone, maid, it all adds up. In the house is me my wife our maid ( wife's niece) her 1 yr son and husband.

Well. Not much to say about some of it. .

/7000p rent.  water 400p

(If building a house with own well, I suppose no costs several years and then a few thousand per month for reparations in average.  (In Sweden I have had 3000p/month in average for reparations, but that's for a over 100 year old house and I have done huge reparations as replacing the roof. So I suppose it will be less than that, if it don't get damages by hurricanes/earthquake. So I better build where it isn't so hard earthquakes   :)

/10 000 wife allowance and 20 000 "fun money" to you,

Well. Car/motorbike I don't count as fun, if use it mainly for necesity and not nicer than necesary.

phone, Tv + Internet =I guess 4 - 5000 is enough.

AFTER buying the equipment, I suppose it's easy to live ok for less than 10 000 + 20 000, because most Phili families live on 10 000/family TOTALY...   :)

If you have hobbies, which cost to buy equipment, but (almost) nothing to use, then you can have much fun for litle money in the long run. I have a lot of fun for almost no cost per month. (Can be things as e g billiard, synt keyboard, dart, canoe, chess, guitar...)

/maid!   For two persons, so you become 5, because of MAID's family   :hystery:     I don't know how disabled you are, but I'm serious injuried (from sport) now myself, and only need 2 hours assistance per WEEK. And can't your wife do anything?...   :)      (But I know that's common in Phili, employ maids they don't need to show "extra face" :)   but sometimes as a kind of support to relatives.)

I have told my presumtive wife, there will be no maid, because I want as few people as possible where I live. (OK to get cleaning assistance FEW times per year for biger "spring cleanings", and babysitters when we can't ourselves. I will do some of house work myself. I like to be with kids.) It seem she find it OK to be without maid - but I don't know if she will say same after marriage   :lol:

And living costs in Cebu are higher than in most places in Phili.

So you can cut some costs, still living nice. I mean months AFTER the biger things are bought.

Edit: If you haven't found and need, I have somewhere contact data to the headquarter in Phili for Veterans (because I found it, when I assisted a Filipin family, which had right to get some money from USA for missing support for fighting in WW II.) 

Edited by Thomas

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I give my wife 10'000p for her allowance her mom and family 8000p

thats waayyyy waayyyy to much to give to them as "allowance"

have you thought of other ways to improve their lives? contributions to SSS /philhealth, dental exam/checkups.

as some of these people when they see a KANO or his money they just GO WILD like there is NO TOMORROW.

reason? humm, they cant budget? no responsibility? live for now .dont care about tomorrow?

DISABLED VET? w/income. I strongly suggest you read about the BLACK WIDOW. sonia reyes risken,,

should you ever be in manila at one of the EMBASSY events, such as Memorial day Veterans day

come, some of the staff do attend, they now have a newer much younger man in charge(from utah i believe)

skelly? (not sure of name is no longer here)

VA problems? have you become a member of the LOCAL VFW or a VA chapter? maybe they can give more updated advice than the forum. mind you the FORUM IS GOOD, sometimes some info,

last item ,, off topic, have you updated your will?

consider a clause that NO ONE(meaning the wife) will get $$$ in case of a VIOLENT or suspicious death . 

has happen in the past and will again, just hope that your safe..

and thanks about the info on the woman who scammed a man into marrying him and she forgot top tell him about her 4 kids.

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Obviously you are a man who likes to have his fun...  The major expense you list is the pocket money for you and your wife!

If everybody who read your post took it as a hard truth, many who would love to live in the Philippines would never come.  And many of these people would be able to live on much less than you say is the minimum.  In fact many of our current members in the Philippines do live on less and are very happy!  Sure, we have another post on here about living on $800 / P32000 a month and it was decided by most that it would be hard to do.  Many think they can live just fine on P40,000 - myself included.  Others opt to have a bit more per month and are very very comfortable.  Of course, everybody has their own ideas on what they want or need each month but that is a personal choice and opinion.  And, of course, we all know that if we have it, we will probably spend it!

I know of a duplex I could rent for under $20 a month - Yes it is located in the mountains and it does need a little repair - a coat of paint mostly.  And, it is actually in a pretty decent neighbourhood.  Just for fun I worked out what it would cost me a month to live there comfortably and well fed - I actually came in around $650 / P26000.  I do admit that this was not including the purchase price of a motorcycle though I did include expenses for it in my budget.  I carried this same budget into an apartment in Cebu itself and found that I could easily replicate it for around P40,000 a month.

:tiphat:  

• Like 1

Flason456
Posted
Posted

Thomas

your right I should not call it fun money.

I know I am giving alot to my and family and wife, but my bugget is 70,000p amonth. My income is far far more then that. I try to live on 70thp amonth so I can save and buy a house and land right now. My wifes family is very very poor and before I got here they ate tree leaves and corn rice, so I have the money to give.  I call her or maid but my wifes neice and her family lives with us to help out cooking and cleaning.

Flason456
Posted
Posted

BOB

if you stay home and eat only once aday and you wife doesn't mind watching her family go without then maybe you could make it on 40p. I know I read this site to before I came if I take out alot the extras in my monthly bugget my rock bottom is 53000p.

• Like 1