Chrome Verses Firefox

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Recently I have had problems with chrome and refreshing the forum, so far no expert has solved my problem but I have been using Firefox much more than ever. It appears that Firefox has caught up in the speed department to me. Scrolling seems to glide better than chrome. A quick plugin from the extensions installed a spell check that works great. Quick and easy to import all my bookmarks from chrome so everything is set up exactly how I had it on chrome except its Firefox.

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

a spell check that works great

Yes I have been using it for years .... BUT .... for some strange reason when I use my tablet it doesn't work ..... using the same version of windows (7) and FireFox .... when I refresh the spell checker it will work for the session only ... once I close the tablet and open it again the spell checker is gone ....... hows that for a strange problem ..... reload the spell checker and it will work again ..... but as I said works great on my desktop ...... :mocking: :mocking: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

a spell check that works great

Yes I have been using it for years .... BUT .... for some strange reason when I use my tablet it doesn't work ..... using the same version of windows (7) and FireFox .... when I refresh the spell checker it will work for the session only ... once I close the tablet and open it again the spell checker is gone ....... hows that for a strange problem ..... reload the spell checker and it will work again ..... but as I said works great on my desktop ...... :mocking: :mocking: :cheersty:

There has been many spell checkers over the years. Are you using Spell Check 1.3.2 plugin?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Alas, Poor Michael, Windows 7 is not the same...

Hey, it's not even 8 am on Sunday morning..  give me a break!  hehe!

Anyway, Mike, Windows uses a different version of Windows when you switch back and forth between a PC and a Tablet.  They look the same, are called the same on the screen but are not the same.  Bet MicroSoft never told you that, did they...  Hmmm?  So, getting back to the browsers, you can use the same FireFox browser but there are different errors found between which Windows 7 you are using - and I believe the part about the spell check was one of them.  I had heard there was a fix for it but I'm not sure what it was and I do have to head out the door shortly.  I'll see if I can find it for you in the next 2 or 3 days.

Wait until you try Windows 8 - then it really gets confusing on what will and won't work!  I sooo prefer Linux!

:mocking:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

((I have had problem with mainly this site for a while (=Not reaching or more often design look as websites looked 15 years ago  :) 

Using Chrome. BUT I believe the error is on MY computer.))

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Not reaching or more often design look as websites looked 15 years ago

I have to ask you to try to explain that?

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There has been many spell checkers over the years. Are you using Spell Check 1.3.2 plugin?

Yes sir that is the one .... have it running on both computers but for some reason it doesn't start up automatically on the Acer Tablet :th_unfair: :cheersty:

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Alas, Poor Michael, Windows 7 is not the same...

Hey, it's not even 8 am on Sunday morning..  give me a break!  hehe!

Anyway, Mike, Windows uses a different version of Windows when you switch back and forth between a PC and a Tablet.  They look the same, are called the same on the screen but are not the same.  Bet MicroSoft never told you that, did they...  Hmmm?  So, getting back to the browsers, you can use the same FireFox browser but there are different errors found between which Windows 7 you are using - and I believe the part about the spell check was one of them.  I had heard there was a fix for it but I'm not sure what it was and I do have to head out the door shortly.  I'll see if I can find it for you in the next 2 or 3 days.

Wait until you try Windows 8 - then it really gets confusing on what will and won't work!  I sooo prefer Linux!

:mocking:

Thanks Bob ..... as for Win8 ... forget it I have bought my last version of Windows .... not because I don't like it but because I see no need to use a touch screen except on my Acer Tablet and it is already touch screen friendly and use it now ...... let me know if you find the answer .... I'll check on Google when I get back home later on ..... :thumbsup: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I didn't told any details, because I believe that error depend of my computer. 

The odd thing is it only happen around half of the times (around 1/3 of that half is No connection) but the rest of the time it functions good e g now.

Look when it look odd:

Besides some different color,

all links/buttons to subsides lines up UNDER each other to the left.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I didn't told any details, because I believe that error depend of my computer. 

The odd thing is it only happen around half of the times (around 1/3 of that half is No connection) but the rest of the time it functions good e g now.

Look when it look odd:

Besides some different color,

all links/buttons to subsides lines up UNDER each other to the left.

Sound familiar?

One thing I didn't  think of earlier is that sometimes  you can get an error with Chrome that will look like this if your internet speed is really dead slow.  Probably not your issue but ...