Anyone Seen One Of These Here In The Phils

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I refuse to sit on a small stool and cut grass with a pair of scissors and because the grass in the back looks more like elephant grass now I need to cut it .... I know they have weed-eaters and lawn-mowers but i want something cheap ....  :hystery:  and no I don't want a goat ... the neighbor has 3  and we keep them run off as they don't eat the weeds ... they want our plants and banana leaves ..... anyway here is what I want

It's called a grass whip and looks like this ....

post-11-0-30121000-1366105523_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-64113400-1366105547_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

The used to be called a scythe. Won't take you long to make one.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

I used to use one of these up at my dad's house. Cut weeds and work on my golf swing at one time! ;)

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Are you sure that this isn't just a cover so you can become the Grim Reaper?

:mocking:

• Like 4

samatm
Posted
Posted (edited)

Trying real hard to forget that tool.   First Job I had out of High School was clearing trails in the East Texas pineywoods with that thing.     It was hot and sweltering.    Once  clearing deep in the brush  I  found my self in a  seed tick nest  and came back infested  with the buggers. Once home i discovered   my  nut sack had became home to vermine and it wasnt fun. ridding them.   seed ticks are about the size  of a pin head.

to answer your question.  No I haven't seen one and HOpe to never see one again. 

Edited by samatm
  • Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

i have night mares of being 12 yrs old an oat feild and tahing down thissles so the could harvest the oats fror livestock feed at a daity farm

• Like 2

Will
Posted
Posted

Trying real hard to forget that tool.   First Job I had out of High School was clearing trails in the East Texas pineywoods with that thing.     It was hot and sweltering.    Once  clearing deep in the brush  I  found my self in a  seed tick nest  and came back infested  with the buggers. Once home i discovered   my  nut sack had became home to vermine and it wasnt fun. ridding them.   seed ticks are about the size  of a pin head.

to answer your question.  No I haven't seen one and HOpe to never see one again. 

Whereabouts? I used to spend a lot of time up close to Center/Nacogdoches area when I was a kid. And you're right, ticks everywhere .My mom would try to get them off with tweezers "but be sure and get the head!"  My dad would light a match, blow it out, and immediately touch the tick ... made it let go.. then pinched and squished. Those damned things get EVERYWHERE!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I refuse to sit on a small stool and cut grass with a pair of scissors and because the grass in the back looks more like elephant grass now I need to cut it .... I know they have weed-eaters and lawn-mowers but i want something cheap ....  :hystery:  and no I don't want a goat ... the neighbor has 3  and we keep them run off as they don't eat the weeds ... they want our plants and banana leaves ..... anyway here is what I want

It's called a grass whip and looks like this ....

attachicon.gifgrass whip.jpg

attachicon.gifAmazon.com_ Truper 33034 Tru Pro Grass Whip, 30-Inch_ Patio, Lawn & Garden_1364709080906.jpg

I suppose it's such JJReyes ment he has in his car as a defence weapon.

I suppose they have such in farming equipment shops, and in some hardware stores.

samatm
Posted
Posted

Whereabouts? I used to spend a lot of time up close to Center/Nacogdoches area when I was a kid. And you're right, ticks everywhere .My mom would try to get them off with tweezers "but be sure and get the head!"  My dad would light a match, blow it out, and immediately touch the tick ... made it let go.. then pinched and squished. Those damned things get EVERYWHERE!

Yup sounds like you can relate.  This was in the Sam Houston Natl Park   around  New Waverly / Hunstville.

• Like 2

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

I haven't seen a grass whip anywhere but they do sell locally made sickles (sanggot) at the market. Just ask and someone will point you in the right direction

• Like 3