How Hard To Extend Visa In Cebu?

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I was in Cebu last year and when it was time to extend my 21 day visa I used an expat service there run by a guy named Paul. He did a fine job and price wasn't too horrible.

I'm returning this coming February and am wondering how difficult it is to just do the paperwork myself and stand in the lines, etc?

Thanks much,

-n

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Probably not so difficult, but for the ease and time not wasted I would say, use Paul's services again, he is a true gent and absolutely reliable in the services he provides.

• Like 1

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

My last visa extention Jan 2 took me all of 40 minutes at the Manduae office..add in travel time maybe an hour and a half.. theres also a new BI satalite office in the Gisano Island mall on Mactan , heard its even faster...of course your wait times may very...

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

Not worth the hassle, Most travel agents will do it for you at a cost of about 500p.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

It is Eeeeeeee Zeeeeeee

I have used Paul many times and he is great but when I have time and I feel like making the effort then I go to the Mandaue BI myself.   Usually I am in and out in an hour.  This last time was the worst.  It took an hour and a half and I caught the flu from some loud mouthed, bad breathed foreigner who insisted on talking into my face while he spit and coughed.

Rant:  I have been a world traveler all my life.  My parents raised me that way.  It used to be that the more well mannered people were the world travelers.  Now any ass who can pay $100 for a passport thinks he can go where he wants, is an expert on all things, and insists on telling these things to me while spitting flu germs in my face.  This was one time I wish I had hired Paul

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Not really a lot of trouble ... after the first time it is a breeze ..... when I first got here it took almost 2-3 hours so I used a travel agent ... when I found out I could do it myself I saved p500 but it took some time ..... but I'm retired so why do I have to rush .... not going to work that's for sure ..... after about 6 months they added the new scanning machines to the BI and it lessened the time down to 30-45 mins. depending on the time of day and how many people ahead of you it can take longer .... go on Tues. .... Wed. ... or Thurs. .... at around 8:30am and you will do just fine ..... it's great to use an agent but what happens if he/she isn't around sometime and you will have to do it yourself anyway .... so you might just as well learn now ..... then if you are on such a tight schedule that you need to save 1 hour of your time .... hire someone ..... hell I waste 1 hour on the toilet each day .....  :mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :cheersty: 

• Like 3

russellmania
Posted
Posted

Not really a lot of trouble ... after the first time it is a breeze ..... when I first got here it took almost 2-3 hours so I used a travel agent ... when I found out I could do it myself I saved p500 but it took some time ..... but I'm retired so why do I have to rush .... not going to work that's for sure ..... after about 6 months they added the new scanning machines to the BI and it lessened the time down to 30-45 mins. depending on the time of day and how many people ahead of you it can take longer .... go on Tues. .... Wed. ... or Thurs. .... at around 8:30am and you will do just fine ..... it's great to use an agent but what happens if he/she isn't around sometime and you will have to do it yourself anyway .... so you might just as well learn now ..... then if you are on such a tight schedule that you need to save 1 hour of your time .... hire someone ..... hell I waste 1 hour on the toilet each day .....  :mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :cheersty:

Fee is still P3030 for the extension?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

To extend your 21 day visa . . yep. 

Mike S
Posted
Posted

To extend your 21 day visa . . yep. 

Thanks for answering that Dave .... it's been so long sense I had to do the tourist thing I plum forgot ...... now I just have MY AGENT (the asawa) handle all my yearly register ...... :mocking: :mocking:  ...... mainly sense I hate long pants .... last time I wore them has almost been 3 years ..... hey I'm retired ......... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:  ... :cheersty:

samatm
Posted
Posted

Dont forget  No shoes, No Pants  ,  No Visa.   

• Like 1