Possible To Send Money To A Rural Bank From Abroad?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Is it possible to transfer money from a bank acount abroad to an bank acount in a RURAL bank in Phili?

(Rural Bank of Tudela if being specific.)

It's just a small amount (but important for a poor =1000 pesos) so I don't like to pay high fees as Western Union.

Normaly I don't send any money to anyone, but I thought making an exception  :)

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Thomas,

You can try to ask them directly via email:

rbtudela@yahoo.com

Contact info:

http://www.rbap.org/members/locate-rural-bank/mindanao/region-10/misamis-occidental/

Thank you.   But I have half given up to try to get answers from Philippine organisations through email   :)

I did read in some post, some bank acounts can only be send to through the head office, but I don't remember which banks. Rural bank?

--

Edit:  Thanks to your link I learned they cooperate with BSP, so I suppose it's possible to send money to the local Rural bank somehow. 

Edited by Thomas

jpbago
Posted
Posted
Thank you.   But I have half given up to try to get answers from Philippine organisations through email  

Now ain't that the truth!  Me too.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thank you.   But I have half given up to try to get answers from Philippine organisations through email  

Now ain't that the truth!  Me too.

So the Philippine side need to solve it, if they want to get any money.

(They DIDN'T ask for it, but I said I can give some as a babtisting gift, so they can afford a simple one, because babtisting is important for them.) So they need to work some to get the money, so I don't spoil them  :)  

(They are diligent. Parents and all 5 grown up kids have work, managed to get work at MIndanao, althought they don't have any higher education! So they get very low pay. That's why I offered to send some money so they afford a small babtisting - if they solve so I can send to a bank acount. One of the brothers have an acount.)

Beachboy
Posted
Posted

Western Union will transfer money bank account to bank account without a fee, according to their website.  They make money on the currency exchange.  There's no free way of transferring money. 

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Western Union will transfer money bank account to bank account without a fee, according to their website.  They make money on the currency exchange.  There's no free way of transferring money. 

I don't bother if it's the common SMALL fee bank acount to bank acounts, but I don't like to pay almost as much in fee as the transfer sum, which it is if I send from Sweden to a NOT bank acount. The unclear is IF Western Union or foreign banks send to small local banks as Rural Bank of Tudela. 

i am bob
Posted
Posted

not sure if this will help you or not...  I use WorldRemit so I thought I would look to see what they would cost you from Sweden to send money to be picked up and bypass the bank.  Cash can be picked up in person at any MLHUILLIER or Cebuana office at no cost for the receiver.  I looked what it would cost you for P10,000 and it would be 1611.45 SEK with a fee of 79 SEK for a total of 1690.45 SEK.  P1000 would cost you 161.15 SEK with a fee of 29.00 for a total of 190.15 SEK.  If you decide to send it this way, it is completed almost instantly...  depending on what time of day you send it.  You will need to register with them (no real info to worry about being stolen) and have the name, address, phone number and email for the person you are sending it to.  Not sure about Sweden but here the payments are completed on-line either with a credit card or a secure interac (bank debit card) system.  The nice thing is you don't have to worry about the bank - it's cash and carry with the proper ID by the person picking up the money.

How does that relate to using the bank for you?  Cheaper?  More expensive?  Close?  Easier?  Hope it helps some!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

not sure if this will help you or not...  I use WorldRemit so I thought I would look to see what they would cost you from Sweden to send money to be picked up and bypass the bank.  Cash can be picked up in person at any MLHUILLIER or Cebuana office at no cost for the receiver.  I looked what it would cost you for P10,000 and it would be 1611.45 SEK with a fee of 79 SEK for a total of 1690.45 SEK.  P1000 would cost you 161.15 SEK with a fee of 29.00 for a total of 190.15 SEK.  If you decide to send it this way, it is completed almost instantly...  depending on what time of day you send it.  You will need to register with them (no real info to worry about being stolen) and have the name, address, phone number and email for the person you are sending it to.  Not sure about Sweden but here the payments are completed on-line either with a credit card or a secure interac (bank debit card) system.  The nice thing is you don't have to worry about the bank - it's cash and carry with the proper ID by the person picking up the money.

How does that relate to using the bank for you?  Cheaper?  More expensive?  Close?  Easier?  Hope it helps some!

Thank you. It can perhaps be good. For the smaller amount it's the same fee as my bank to a bank acount.

But I don't know if they have any MLHULLIER (or Cebuana) in Ozamis/Tudela where they live, so I will have to check that. 

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You can send it to a bank as well but this way is faster and less issues.  Banks will take 2 or 3 business days.  Cash pick-up is almost instantly.  Or you can have the money delivered to them at home as well - obviously this will cost a bit more  but I don't know how much.