Philippines Gets Investment Grade

i am bob
Posted
Posted
. The retail price in Metro Manila is P40 to P45 per kilo.  

That is what I pay locally here in Canada for one - and only the poorer quality ones at that!  Sure, right now they are on sale for around 88 cents each but those ones are really poor quality and are the Mexican grown.  Better quality is available for a moderately higher price.

Ever thought of sending them to North America?  Canada?  You could probably beat the prices here and still make a good profit.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
That is what I pay locally here in Canada for one - and only the poorer quality ones at that! Sure, right now they are on sale for around 88 cents each but those ones are really poor quality and are the Mexican grown. Better quality is available for a moderately higher price. Ever thought of sending them to North America? Canada? You could probably beat the prices here and still make a good profit.

My first reaction to the P40 or P45 price tag was, "This papayas are expensive." Then I realized it is kilogram, which is 2.2 lbs. The farmgate price is P8 to P10 per kilo.  

The papaya from Mexico sold in the United States and Canada were probably treated with Gamma Rays (radiation) to kill any fruit fly larvae in the skin. I don't know if the treatment damages or reduces the quality of the fruit. My mother-in-law won't eat Mexican papaya in California. She insists on Hawaiian grown, which is nearly twice the price. Hawaii  uses heat vapor treatment rather than radiation.  

My role is limited to distributing quality seeds for free. If poor Philippine farmers can generate a good income, that would be great! Let someone else make the profits.  

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I find all the Mexican papayas taste the same...  Like they are spoiled !  

I can't wait to have fresh papaya straight off the tree and wedged whole into my gaping mouth...  Ah, the tears of joy!  Not to mention the peace and quiet!!!

:mocking: