Australian Dollar - Possible Bad News

samatm
Posted
Posted

Currency trading is pure speculative. Soros and his associates will lure in the smaller players with unusually large trades causing wild gyrations and then dump the currency. If played too long, Central Banks intervene.

The same thing is happening with the global stockmarkets. Traders use super computers with direct link to Wall Street and other trading floors. To save on micro nanoseconds, the buildings housing the computers are just a couple of blocks away. The software can detect minor changes triggering buy or sell orders. This is what's causing wild swings in stocks, which includes occasional illogical plunges and spikes. Regulators haven't found a solution except to stop trading for a few minutes. This allows humans to intervene or override their computers.

If you are the gambling type, there is a way to play the game. Place automatic buy or sell orders at a predetermined level. For example, plus or minus 15%. You might benefit from any sudden up or down swings.

Yes,  but there is a science to it and those that flourish, do so systematically and are comfortable  with placing many wrong bets, but confident they have more winning bets.  Its kind of like studying horses and trainers and track conditions... any bet is a risk but if you study up you can maximize your chances at coming out ahead.  

ozepete
Posted
Posted (edited)

I thought about it but was unsure if insider trading applies to currency speculation.

Just as an aside, when I was on an RGS (responsible gambling services) course a few years back, one of the officially listed forms of gambling, at least here in QLD, is the stock market and associated investments. 

But Brett your original statement said "I have it on very good authority that the Aust Reserve Bank may be devaluing the Australian dollar by 15% over the weekend"  This did not and could not happen unfortunately.

The Oz dollar floats and without changes to gov legislation, the ARB can not alter the exchange rate. The Oz dollar will fluctuate in reaction to other factors and personally I would like to see it drop to about 75 -80 cents to the US$ as this would be far better for our country, Oz manufacturers, exporters, small businesses and employment. 

Edited by ozepete

• 1 month later...
AnnieLopez
Posted
Posted

hmmmn interesting  :) I guess  I have to experience for myself, good thread by the way  :thumbsup:

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Well it seems that whilst we have dropped against the USD it's not the case with other currencies and in some cases the AUD is actually stonger.  With the PHP it's only dropped about 3 pesos so this may be much ado about nothing with regards to Aussies moving to PH.  Be interesting to see if the cost of imports to Australia does go up;  A few weeks ago the head of one of major retailers - Jerry Harvey - said they would but the cost of consumer imports didn't drop here when the AUD peaked at 1.10/USD a few years ago; cake and eat it too?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
FredM
Posted
Posted

The Aussie dollar fall against the US dollar did affect me. After completing a contract in WA the AUD was on parity with the USD so I left a fair sum there assuming it would only fluctuate slightly. C'est la guerre!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Ynot
Posted
Posted

The Aussie dollar has fallen by almost 13% since i was there in March, however looking at the exchange rate, i can still achieve over 39 peso to the dollar.  When I was there, I was only getting 40 to 41 peso, yet the dollar has fallen 13% since then.   The real crunch is the deposit interest rates which have fallen.  Might have to live on the smell of an  oily rag when I make the move to be with GF.

• Like 1