Illegal Abortions

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Abortion in the Philippines is an illegal and punishable act, with no exceptions even on the grounds of endangering a woman's life, rape, or foetal impairment. The minimum prison term for an abortion is six months, and the maximum six years.
The penalty is 6 months to 6 years prison sentence for killing your unborn child but simple possession of shabu (even 1/20th of a gram) is 12 years to 20 years in prison. For growing a single marijuana plant the penalty is life in prison. (There is no legal restriction to abusing tobacco and alcohol even though they can be deadly.) How in hell can growing a plant be worse than killing a baby? http://www.pdea.gov.ph/documents/RA_9165.pdf
The simple answer Mike is This is the Philippines, :th_exactly: While I love the country and the people, a lot of things here just do not seem to make sense to my western mind. :SugarwareZ-037: :1 (103):
Thats not just the Philippines. In many places in the US you can spend more time in jail for abusing your pets than for assaulting a human. Abortion is a very difficult issue for sure. Prevention would be the ideal solution to this dilema.

• 2 weeks later...
On-in-2
Posted
Posted
if you grow marijuana, there's every reason to suppose that you you will sell or give-away part of its crop thereby causing more people to become addicted.
I didn't know there was any evidence to suppose that marijuana is even the least bit addictive. Do you know of any such evidence?Pete of New Hampshire