So Its May The 13Th And We Have A Liquoir Ban

johnb
Posted
Posted

So its May the 13th and we have a liquor ban, what is the Philippine government thinking, don’t they know its my 54th Birthday, don’t they ever read this forum check out our profiles, so inconsiderate, guess I'll have to drink some of that local homemade drain cleaner.............just like every other day.

:540:

• Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Well it could have been worst .... they wanted to make it 5 days .... god only knows why for 5 days that to me is a little on the stupid side .... (and I don't even drink) .... if it takes someone 5 days or even 2 days to sober up they don't need to vote anyway .... they need a psychiatrist .....  :mocking:  ......  JMHO ... :thumbsup: 

And by the way ..... happy birthday ..... although it looks like it will be a dry one .... :morning1:  :cheersty:  

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Always treating the Philippine masses as inept little people, unable to function without being told what to do. The drinking ban serves no real purpose. If some one gets drunk and acts out, there are already legal remedies to follow. Further, I always wondered how this 'comelec' board has the authority to ban guns for 5 months. Actual police officers are being arrested if not in uniform. So they can not carry their guns home if not in uniform. I wonder if the criminals are aware of this.........  

Straight forward thinking is that they are the election management for the country and their sole focus should be on the election itself and nothing more. The thought that they can cross over into an area that has nothing to do with the election is strange. What next? The Department Of Fisheries will enact a 5 month smoking ban? The Department of Education will impost a ban balute?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Happy birthday John! :540: :cheersty: :tiphat:

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The liquor ban makes no sense because you can purchase all you needs or wants before the ban. What they need to ban is public intoxication.

• Like 3

Will
Posted
Posted

Didn't I see or hear somewhere that hotels, bars, resorts were still able to sell alcohol to foreigners, even though its banned to locals??

• Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I'm in Makati at the moment & there's plenty of bars, it's business as usual as far as tourists are concerned as far as I can tell :)

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted

Just finished work, so will head out to tabunok have a meal with the wife and see if i can snag some beer :cheersty:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just finished work, so will head out to tabunok have a meal with the wife and see if i can snag some beer :cheersty:

The ban does not apply to foreigners or tourists, you can not vote so you're unlikely to do anything stupid regarding elections.  Happy Birthday  :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

The ban does not apply to foreigners or tourists, you can not vote so you're unlikely to do anything stupid regarding elections.  Happy Birthday  :tiphat:

Here in Dalaguete it applies to everyone.